Newbie NTNP

SophL

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a student midwife (questions are welcome) and I'm new! My husband and I decided to NTNP just before a trip away to Paris to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

We are both quite young at 22, and I am nervous that this is more my choice than his. He seems happy, but I don't want him to do it just for me and then regret and resent me and the baby. He is a lovely man who adores me and so would do anything to make me happy, I just hope it makes him happy too!

I'm thrilled and can't wait but am also trying to stay relaxed about it.

Welcome to you! :flower:

Is this your first month NTNP? How exciting! It'd be a lovely gift to fall pregnant for your first anniversary. :) Hope you enjoy your time in BnB! It's a really nice place!

Thank you very much. Yes it is our first month, I have to keep reminding myself the probabilities and not to get my hopes up. It would be a nice gift though!

I'm on my second cycle and I'm just trying to restrain myself from testing everyday lol. Were you on any form of birth control before?

Just condoms for the last couple of years, but before that I was on the pill (combined oral contraceptive - marvellon) for three years. I feel much better about everything because my husband initiated things last night, so I feel a bit more secure that this is both of our choice.

I think I'll be like you, I've already worked out when I'm due(ish) so I can do a test, haha. Only problem is that since coming off the pill my periods are still a little bit unpredictable. I like being in control but it's all a waiting game!

I was only on the pill for about a year but my periods seemed to be okay once I stopped. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay this way, though, because before they were all over the place. I'm at a steady 29 day cycle at the moment! It still seems like we're playing the waiting game though, especially when you're in the "two week wait" while you wait to test. It's MISERABLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->