newbie - please help!

newmummytobe

Mum to gorgeous baby boy
Reaction score
hi everyone. i have been browsing through all your posts and most really helpful but am also getting myself more and more confused!! i am waiting to try at the moment - was going to wait until after my birthday in july but only have one packet of pills left so am going to finish those and then start straight away. I only have about a week and a half left of pills – so exciting! Please could someone let me know how you start TTC. i.e. do you start with tests and stuff straight away or just work out when you should be ovulating and try round that time. Obviously this is my first so am a bit clueless! Where do you get all the charts and that from? As I am coming off the pill after about 10 years (!) I am expecting to wait a good few months before any positives but want to give myself the best chance. Thanks so much for all your help and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. The site is so helpful already. Love newmummytobe (hopefully!)

Have you started taking folic acid yet? Its recomended taking this 3 months before ttc. Also most girls stop taking their pill a few months before ttc and use comdoms as your cycles can be all over the place after coming off the pill.

You can ttc anyway you want, you can start with opk's striaght away but since you will be coming off this pill you make use a fair few as you wont be able to gesstimate as you wont know how long your cycles are. I plan on NTTP for the first 6m to see that happens and then after that ill will maybe temp and use opk's

Best to use condoms when coming off the pill (espically after 10 years!!)
Then, just let it happen... you need time for your body to get back to normal

Hope it goes well :) x x

I am in almost exactly the same boat as you hun. Finsh my pill next week and just going to go with it. We aren't charting or testing or anything, just :sex: as usual and see how it goes.

Good luck!!!

xxx

i am probably being completely stupid by why use condoms when you come off the pill?

good luck too pops, it is so nice to know people are in the same position! xxx

It's recommended to use condoms for a cycle or two until you know it's back to normal after being on the pill. It makes it hard for the doctor to track your due date if you don't know when it could have been. Hope that helps.

i am probably being completely stupid by why use condoms when you come off the pill?

good luck too pops, it is so nice to know people are in the same position! xxx

You dont have to but if you use comdoms untill your cycles are back to normal then its easier to pinpoint when you ovulate as you could be trying at the wrong time of the month or testing at the wrong time of the month causing you undue stress. Its also easier for when you do fall pregnant to know how many weeks you are.

Have you been tested for Rubella yet? If not I'd definetely get that done and wait the three months after the jab if you have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->