Newbie saying hi and asking about saliva tests

Bubba3

Reaction score
Hi there girls
I'm a total newbie , not even sure how to use this forum properly yet. I just found I was feeling pretty lonely with all this ttc stuff. I've not wanted to admit how hard it's been to family and friends , I guess trying to keep the pressure off somehow ! I also live in a Muslim country at the mo so feel a bit out of place as it is.
So I just wanted to say hi . This month has been the first I've been trying a saliva scope which arrived just after period. My husband has been away all month so its been a good opportunity to start properly tracking etc. One of my questions is have any of you had no ferning in the morning ( which is when it says is best ) but then get some later in the day . I make sure I haven't eaten etc for three hours and I am in my fertile time in theory. I only get dots in the morning but ferning later? At the end of this month im getting the first blood tests done i finally plucked up the courage to seek help.getting thyroid , ferratin and progesterone tests just to start. Appreciate Amy friends I can make or answers. Thanks in advance girls .

Meant to hit reply rather than thanks, not that I wouldn't thank you! But welcome Bubba3! I am also living in a muslim country right now but heading back to the UK for a few months very shortly. I don't know about the saliva tests but I know there is a thread where a lady has just bought one (the thread is called something about a new toy but now I can't find it in a search) so I'm sure some other ladies can help. Good luck!

Hi Bubba and welcome to the forum,:hugs:Sorry I don't know anything about the saliva tests but am thinking of getting them if I don't get pregnant this month,u def won't feel lonely here Hun,good luck :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thankyou heaps , I found the thread I'm trying to get used to how to use this forum , you wouldn't think it was tricky hey :wacko:! Appreciate your replies so much . Hadn't realized how isolating this can be cheers and take care:hugs:

Thankyou heaps , I found the thread I'm trying to get used to how to use this forum , you wouldn't think it was tricky hey :wacko:! Appreciate your replies so much . Hadn't realized how isolating this can be cheers and take care:hugs:

:hugs: I totally understand. I'm really glad for this board, you get so much support here! None of my friends are TTC so there's no one IRL to share this with.

:dust:

Thankyou , great to meet you all , even in the virtual world . Wishing we all see those magic two lines soon :flower:

welcome Bubba3, i'm also a newbie on here and getting used to the site, sorry cant help you with your question although i did purchase one of these devices yesterday off the internet so just awaiting its arrival, looking forward to giving it a try :happydance:

Hello Bubba and welcome to the site :hi: I hope it helps you feel less lonely in your quest for a baby :hugs:

I can't help with your question but like Sparkler I've just brought one off the internet so waiting for it to arrive :D

Hi sorry I am so late posting but in answer to your question about ferning yes,

as soon as I see the ferning I start the BD! I usually just test once a day but have been known to test a couple of times each day near ovulation.

Just make sure that you test when you have had nothing to eat or drink for at least 2 hours and it is very important that the test is really dry before you look at it, as if it is even slightly wet you will see blobs -even if there will be ferning when it is finally dry. I just leave the test and look much later.

Good luck with it.
:dust:

Hi thanks so much:flower: . This month I'm going to try opk but they're crazy expensive here and only five , I'll look on line for following month. Funnily enough I did get full ferning in a few first thing in the morning goes , but just before af . This months plan , try to relax ....yeah right ! :winkwink:

i have a saliva tester and i dont bother to test later in the day as i believe there are too many variables at that time. even waiting after eating can possibly still trigger a positive result becuz the test measures hormones/electrolytes (salt) in your saliva. so a change in your body chemical composition may trigger some ferning. i only test in the morning- every morning.

you should have two times in the month where ferning will happen; once before ovulation and again a few days before AF when estrogen surges a slight amount again before it drops off and AF is triggered due to drop on hormones...UNLESS your pregnant which means that saliva may show ferning and will keep showing it.
hope that helps a bit.

Thank you island girl , I think Im going to only am test , as you say that's the one I can rely on the most .

Hi - I used the saliva microscope and *for me* it was totally useless - I used it according to package instructions (I think it was to test first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up, before drinking anything etc; and I always got my hubby to double-check the results too) but it ferned and not-ferned and semi-ferned in a totally random series, it gave no discernable pattern to my cycle whatsoever. I hope it works better for you!

Having used this and several other ovulation predicting methods over the past year, for me the best one *by far* is the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor, and the specific sticks for it, I wish I'd bought it when we first started TTC. It's a bit pricey, but cheaper on Amazon than at pharmacies. Second best for me was the ClearBlue Digital sticks (also cheaper on Amazon than pharmacies).

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->