Newbie TTC #1 since sept 09'

Tryandwish

Mum of DS,DD & WTTC#3
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this website and hoping to find a few people going through the same thing to chat with and share our journeys!

I had implanon implant removed from my arm in September 2009 as we were thinking of TTC. We knew we would have problems as OH had a bike accident that left him with a mashed up pelvis and testicular damage. He's been told we're unlikely to conceive as he now has a very low count. We let things happen naturally for a few months while my body settled back into its normal rhythm. By the time 2010 began I was already disappointed to see my period (even though I knew I would't be pregnant) so I began looking into things online. Found out about charting and started that in January 2010. We began making a concentrated effort and working out my ovulation times but obviously nothing happened! I was on a few forums like this one and watching the preganancy and birth programmes on t.v but every time my period showed I was getting so upset that we decided it would be best to ease off on the concentration. Relax more and just let it happen. We got engaged July2010 and concentrated on the wedding in June 2011. We are now married and I have just joined my husbands doctors surgery. Got the first appointment with the nurse tomorrow to just give me a general health check and I will be telling her about our lack of BFP's. Hopefully my medical records have been received by the new surgery so I can be seen by the doctor soon to start with the tests :argh:

Anyone else been TTC conceive and about to go to tell their doctor?

Tryandwish x

sorry no advice but welcome and good luck :)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

Agreed... hoping for some my way too TTC for 12 months feels like ages!

Agreed... hoping for some my way too TTC for 12 months feels like ages!

Hi cybermum81

I know just how you feel! It's been 20 months for us and it's so frustrating! Friends from school are having babies and just feels like I'm stuck! See mums and their bumps and while I am really happy for them and I wonder how it feels I also can't help thinking "why not me?" :cry: why is it babies seem to be everywhere?

Apart from ttc for 12 months whats your situation? Any medical help yet? x

:wave:

Welcome.

Happy posting :)

V xxx

No medical help as yet, I had a n ectopic pregnancy in Feb and lost my right tube, Dr said as I have already been pregnant once in the 12 months and therfore they won't look into any fertility issues at the moment, and suggested my fertility is reduced by 15% as I only have one tube remaining. He said that eventually my left ovary and tube would eventually 'pick up the slack' of my right ovary (which still remains) and eventually pregnancy will occur.. I had an USS to see if anything obvious was there but it was all clear apart from a small cyst on my right ovary. Im currently 11dpo, feel like AF is gonna get me again!

I have been trying since Oct 09'. So I understand the frustration. I didn't actually seek medical advice until ths past Febuary 2011. I was on birth control for 8 years due to cysts prior to ttc, and my cycles never balanced out.:growlmad: The doc said for some reason my body just didn't ovulate. So he started me on Clomid after a ton of tests and scans to make sure I could take it. I took it and my CD21 level progestrone was 31!! I was so excited, I finally ovulated!!! :happydance: , but needless to say I didn't get my BFP. :cry: I insted had overstimulated ovaries with tons of cysts all over them :dohh:. He said to wait a month & come back to check my ovaries again so I did. Nothing changed so he put me on BCP in July. I go back 8-15 so hopefully my ovaries will be cleared up and I can try another round of clomid!! :thumbup:

No medical help as yet, I had a n ectopic pregnancy in Feb and lost my right tube, Dr said as I have already been pregnant once in the 12 months and therfore they won't look into any fertility issues at the moment, and suggested my fertility is reduced by 15% as I only have one tube remaining. He said that eventually my left ovary and tube would eventually 'pick up the slack' of my right ovary (which still remains) and eventually pregnancy will occur.. I had an USS to see if anything obvious was there but it was all clear apart from a small cyst on my right ovary. Im currently 11dpo, feel like AF is gonna get me again!

Sorry to hear about your ectopic! Must be so heart breaking. Good to hear that your left ovary will "pick up the slack" as you put it and great news that the USS didnt show up anything worse :thumbup: As for feeling AF is gonna get you, don't think like that until she shows up! Good luck and :dust: to you. Hope you get your BFP soon and everything goes well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->