Newbie! TTC since 2003!

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by tracybirduk, Oct 6, 2008.

1. tracybirduk

tracybirduk Well-Known Member

Hi girls!

I have not used contraception since 2003 and have diagnosed PCOS and endometriosis. I was finally diagnosed with endo in dec 2007 and have just had surgery (8 days ago), but i know its been there for over ten years! Buy hey, that story would take for ever!! LOL!

I am desperate to concieve, but dont let myself get totally caught up in it, as it is such a disapointing heartbreaking feeling getting the :bfn: But I'm sure i dont need to tell u guys that!

My surgery 8 days ago was to remove endo from my bowel and bladder. I also had a hysteroscopy and dye, ovarian drilling and a cyst removed from my right ovary. I am healing well and to be honest the pain appears to be reduceing! (crossing fingers!)

So i was wondering if anyone else had any experience of ovarian drilling? Has anyone had the same done and got some good news for me? mI have been down the metformin/clomid route to no avail, so am now keen just to get 'down to it' LOL as i have read that it has its best effects very soon after the surgery.

Sorry this is a long post, hope your still awake LOL!!
    Tracy xxx

2. maz

maz TTC #1 since Oct 2004

Hi Tracy

Sorry to hear of your difficulties conceiving. I have no experience of ovarian drilling but didn't want to not post. Hopefully you'll find this forum helpful - I know I do. It's not that I am glad others have difficulties, but it is reassuring knowing that I am not alone.

Good luck - I hope you get your :bfp: after the procedures you have endured.

:hug:

3. lonate

lonate TTC #1 for 2 years

:dust:WELCOME!! I really think you will like this board as the ladies on here are very helpful & supportive. I am sorry you have had such a long journey TTC. :hug: Unfortunately I can't give you any advice on ovarian drilling, but I had a laparocopy & hysterscopy on Sept 9th. I had Unexplained Infertility up until my surgery. My RE found & removed Stage I endo & a cyst on my right ovary, so that we have in common!! Good luck & I hope you get your :bfp: very soon!!!