Newbie with worries ...

endcredits

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Im Endcredits im currently 17weeks & 1day pregnant with my first baby.

Im getting bad lower abdominal pains...
It feels as though someone has/is stabbing me in my crotch and just above my pubic bone.
i was woundering if anyone could offer me any advice or re-assurance realy as its getting very painful and im scared.

Thankyou
x

hi hun,
did you mention this to your mw at your 16 week appointment or has it only just come on? i'm guessing that it's ligament pains as everything has to stretch inside and move around to make room for your baby.
Have you tried having a bath to ease the pain?
if it doesn't get any better i'd certainly mention it to your mw or gp
xx

Welcome :)

Sorry dont really have any advice really, im sure someone else will, but i hope you feel better soon x

Sounds like round ligament pain, very common at this stage. But if it's severe def see your mw. Hope it gets better hun xxx

Really does sound like round ligament pain, but it should only last few a few seconds at a time like shooting pains followed by a dull kind of ache.

If you're having constant pains I would get in to be checked out, better safe than sorry!:thumbup:

Sueh81 ... Its come on over the last few days .. i really dont understand why im in pain it can happen at any moment if i stood up and walked round id get it. Baths dont seem to work either. I have no no bump as of yet and everyday i feel as though i should be growing but i just get the pain ...

and thankyou anyway sarah2409

x

Sueh81 ... Its come on over the last few days .. i really dont understand why im in pain it can happen at any moment if i stood up and walked round id get it. Baths dont seem to work either. I have no no bump as of yet and everyday i feel as though i should be growing but i just get the pain ...

and thankyou anyway sarah2409

x

are you getting up a bit too quickly or have you done something that you may have 'pulled yourself' in the last few days like bending down too far or stretched?
i've only just sprouted suddenly with my bump in the last few weeks - before then you couldn't even tell I was pregnant, but I still had the growing pains when I wasn't showing too as even though we can't see it - our body's are busy preparing for the miracle that's about to happen!! :)
xx

Even getting up can give me quite severe cramps. But better safe than sorry, get it checked xx

No i dont think ive pulled or streched anything... maybe there is no need to worry it could just be growing pains ill try get in touch with midwfe or wait for my next scan its on the 27th or would that be too long away sueh81 ???

x

No i dont think ive pulled or streched anything... maybe there is no need to worry it could just be growing pains ill try get in touch with midwfe or wait for my next scan its on the 27th or would that be too long away sueh81 ???

x

that is quite a way away hun!! my suggestion is to ring your mw and explain the pains you're getting and she'll either guide you over the phone on some remedies or maybe even suggest you pop in for a check over to make sure everythings ok!! hope u manage to get it sorted!
xx

How severe are the pains? If they're uncomfortable and/or bordering on slightly painful but not constant, then it sounds like it's round ligament pain as I'm 18 weeks today and I've been experiencing this. If it's worse than uncomfortable and really hurts and doesn't let up, i would make an appointment with your GP or midwife. x

Its good to know that there is someone else going through th same pain
i think ill just push through the pain .. i mean it cant get any worse right ?

x

Its good to know that there is someone else going through th same pain
i think ill just push through the pain .. i mean it cant get any worse right ?

x

unfortuntely yes it does!! I've got pains in my legs, under my ribs, behind my belly button, in my boobs, and when I try to get up off sofa it hurts my belly! Sadly I don't think it's gonna get any better until our LO is in our arms!! I'm 100% sure it'll be all worth it though!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->