Newbie!

littlelily

Newly pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just got my bfp today! This is my first pregnancy and very excited but nervous too.

Is there a due March 2016 group? Can I join?

Any advice for a newbie at this?

Made my doc app for Tuesday but from what I hear it's not very exciting!

Hi girls! I just got my BFP last week! Do u mind if I join in?

I still don't feel like it's sunk in yet at all! I'm due early march too!

What's every bodies symptoms?

Xx

Hi! Congrats! I got mine on Thursday and I think my due date is 8 March.

With my first, at the Doctors appointment the Dr just took blood pressure, weight, asked if I had been taking folic acid and asked which hospital I had in mind and gave me the options. It wasn't a decision I had to make then and there although I did. He also gave me some literature to read about foods to avoid and what to expect next.

I found every single appointment really exciting the first time round. Made it all feel very real.

Hey littlelily, pleased to see you over here. I'm just dipping my toe in, as I don't feel ready to commit until I've done a branded non cheapie POAS! Anyone else too frightened of an early loss to feel excited? Maybe in a few days I'll get over this! Conveniently I'm over to my surgery already today, so I'll ask then if they want me to make an appointment yet.

Hello to everyone else as well, sorry, totally forgot my manners! :)

Hey congratz heres 2 a h&h 9 mmths x

Hey littlelily, pleased to see you over here. I'm just dipping my toe in, as I don't feel ready to commit until I've done a branded non cheapie POAS! Anyone else too frightened of an early loss to feel excited? Maybe in a few days I'll get over this! Conveniently I'm over to my surgery already today, so I'll ask then if they want me to make an appointment yet.

Hello to everyone else as well, sorry, totally forgot my manners! :)

You are not alone Curlyrose! I posted something similar on this thread yesterday. I am mostly still hanging out in the TWW thread. I found out early and I'm still not past The date AF was due. I got a lot of encouargemt to from the ladies that commented on that post yesterday and that helped a lot!

Congrats!

You are not alone Curlyrose! I posted something similar on this thread yesterday. I am mostly still hanging out in the TWW thread. I found out early and I'm still not past The date AF was due. I got a lot of encouargemt to from the ladies that commented on that post yesterday and that helped a lot!

Congrats!

Thank you! I am going to continue testing daily with cheapies and wait til AF is one week late (by my calculations, not always easy to work out as I alternate long and short cycles and the short ones vary by a few days) before making Drs appointment. I'd rather wait than have to go there, have it all confirmed, then have a CP and have to tell them that, if I wait til 5 weeks to book, then I won't get in until about 6, so that should all work. Also, upside of today's blood tests is that I have to phone back in a week anyway (when I will be approx 5 weeks) and may need an appointment to deal with that stuff regardless.

Bloody hell, I've never felt anxiety like this! I hope I can settle over the coming days! Going to be useless at work this week!

Just to add, bought the Clearblue digi with conception indicator, planning to use in the morning, but as I had a lovely concentrated wee ready, decided to do it early. It says "pregnant 1-2". I feel like its not just something I'm making up now. I had a load of phantom pregnancy symptoms a few years ago and couldn't shake the feeling that this would be the same. Very definitely not! (Apologies for self indulgent posts btw, but I am home alone!)

I felt the same way and I have taken 6 tests between Friday morning and yesterday evening! I think I am done testing for now. I have one FRER left which I will use the day after AF is due. I have irregular cycles too but it's usually 14 days from
O so I can usually work it out from that.

I have made a Drs appointment but it isn't until Friday when I will be 15 dpo. I don't want to wait too long to see Drs as I had DS at an out of area hospital and want this one there too. I need to book in early otherwise I won't get in.

It's nice to speak to someone in the same situation! I actually came to regret testing at 8 dpo as it just meant an anxious wait to see if it sticks! The TWW was less stressful! But I feel better than i did on Friday so hopefully you will start to too.

Just to add, bought the Clearblue digi with conception indicator, planning to use in the morning, but as I had a lovely concentrated wee ready, decided to do it early. It says "pregnant 1-2". I feel like its not just something I'm making up now. I had a load of phantom pregnancy symptoms a few years ago and couldn't shake the feeling that this would be the same. Very definitely not! (Apologies for self indulgent posts btw, but I am home alone!)

Our posts crossed. Yey for CB digi! I got that same test result on Saturday. It's a nice feeling seeing it in print and not over analysing lines on tests isn't it! Enjoy x

Haha, cross posted. Agreed on the anxiety caused by early testing, if this doesn't stick then I will make myself wait in the future! I can only give my ov date a best estimate, I never managed a positive opk, I suspect it came while I was at work, but shift work meant I couldn't test at the best times. Anyway, I must have managed it to be in this position now!

I am going to continue to allow myself one cheapie a day just to reassure myself over the next week, and the other digi is for next Monday, not a day sooner!

Hi Curly and everyone else! Totally understand the anxiety. It's so much to take on too. First thing I googled was ' I'm pregnant! ...now what?!' Swiftly followed by ' what not to eat during pregnancy' ha ha.

Still can't believe it. Got my bfp on a frer on Sunday ( af was due Saturday) and tested again on a cheapie today. Have a doc appointment tmrw but have heard in the UK they don't draw blood or even do another test or anything, so am ready to be underwhelmed by that but excited that someone else will know!

Anyone feeling super bloated already? I'm a little overweight anyway but feel like a hippopotamus at the moment and sure that everyone at work must be able to guess!

What are everyone's next steps?

This site tells you how much your chance of miscarriage goes down each day which I found quite comforting:
https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=05&d=27&y=15

For example it's 20.5% today but by Wed only 17.3%

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"