25weeker

Reaction score
Hello All

I have read these forums over the past 4 months and they have helped a lot so thought I would sign up and introduce myself.

I was pregnant with twins and at 21 weeks I started dilating and was told at the time I was too far gone and nothing could be done as my waters would break and I would go into labour within 24-48 hours. 4 days later I was still lying in the delivery suite so a different consultant offered to try the stitch. After a rollercoaster 4 weeks I got an infection and went into labour at 25+2. Holly was born weighing 1lb 7oz and Rebecca was born weighing 1lb 6oz. Unfortunately Rebecca's lungs were too weak and she only lived for a day.

After a long journey in NICU where you take so many steps forward and back Holly came home on the 20th April which was 2 days before her due date. She was ventilated for 4 days when she was born and then went on CPAP. She was ventilated again 4 weeks later with an infection for another 5 days. She also had a PDA which was closed with medication. She remained on CPAP until she was 35 weeks and then was on low flow until 38 weeks and decided then she didn't need anything.

It is great having her home and its is very bizarre that I now actually have more time on my hands then I did when she was in hospital! Although I doubt that will last lol.

I would like to offer support to anyone who currently has a baby in NICU and wants to know if other babies have went through the same things their little one is going through.

Hi & Welcome! Its lovely to hear your story & great to hear that Holly is doing so well. I'm really sorry to hear about little Rebecca though. The girls on here are a really friendly bunch :flower:

My twins were born at 31 weeks after I developed PE. They spent 8 weeks in NICU but are now 8 months old and doing fabulously!! I can't believe how quickly the time is going!!

Hi
Thanks for sharing your story, so sorry to hear about your loss. Looking forward to hearing all about Holly's progress over the coming months :)

Hiya,
I am so happy to hear to about Holly but very sorry to hear about Rebecca. I had Chloe and Jaycee at 29 weeks..
You will find a few preemie mums on here if you need anything

Hi. Holly looks gorgeous, sounds like she's a real fighter. Sorry to hear about your loss. This is a great place, glad you've discovered it x

Hi and welcome on board.

Truly sorry for your loss, I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through. Holly sounds like a real trooper and has done amazingly well for being so early and small.

Hopefully you'll find a home from home here we all have, anything we can do to help just shout xx

Hello & welcome :)

Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm so sorry to hear about rebecca :hugs: Holly sounds like a little fighter.

I had Sophie on 14th March at 27 weeks exactly weighing 1lb 13.8. She is doing really well and is now 3lb 7. We just can't wait to get her home...

xx

Welcome! So glad Holly is doing well, so sad to hear about Rebecca. It must be a time of such mixed emotions. The same thing happened to a friend of mine and I know she found it very hard.

Keep us informed of Holly's progress and be aware we LOVE photos!

Hi, welcome :)
So sorry for your loss :hugs: but glad Holly is doing well.

I had Anna at 25+1 by emergency section due to my high BP and failing kidneys! She was born on the 17th weighing 1lb 3oz and has since put on another 3oz she is a wee fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->