Newborn or 0-3months?

Alibobs

Mummy to Harry James
Reaction score
I just wondered what size sleepsuits/vests people are taking to hospital?
I spent ages yesterday deciding whether to get newborn or 0-3 months and in the end went for 0-3 months in case my baby is on the big size! When I got the stuff home and took it out of the packaging it looks really big, now I'm thinking I should have got newborn instead.....or should I get both? :shrug:

i only got 3-6 months as expecting another 12lber! i do have a few 0-3 left over from DD tho xxx

I have also been thinking about the sizes of baby clothes!! I have so much 0-3 as I though that would cover new born as well. But apparently not! I have friends who had 8lb + babies and still said the 0-3 was too big. I have very few new born bits and mainly 0-3.
Sorry if not much help - this is all very new to me too! x

Hope you don't mind me stalking your post and replying :)

My baby was 6lb 14oz born and her newborn stuff was massive she was in tiny baby for the first 5 weeks.

My friend who had a 9lb baby said the newborn stuff was big on her baby too. Unless you or your partner are really tall I would get newborn.

Goodluck

xx

I'm apparently gonna have a big baby so I put both nb and 0-3 in the bag, I'll be quite upset if he doesn't fit in nb tbh as I've bought quite alot of them.

I just wondered what size sleepsuits/vests people are taking to hospital?
I spent ages yesterday deciding whether to get newborn or 0-3 months and in the end went for 0-3 months in case my baby is on the big size! When I got the stuff home and took it out of the packaging it looks really big, now I'm thinking I should have got newborn instead.....or should I get both? :shrug:

Wash them and see after, mine shrunk. I got 0-3. x

Best thing to do is look at the weight rather than just focusing on newborn or 0-3. I noticed that m&s newborn was different to sainsburys and mothercare was different again. I have about 4 different sizes for newborn! I'll be taking the larger, more generous newborn sizes as well as a few of the "normal" newborn just incase!

Xx

i got all 0-3 months last time because my family have biggish babies, then my 11lb 6onz baby came out! lol i only have 0-3 this time too

my friend was told her baby would be big and he came out tiny and none of the 0-3 fit him at all! at least buy one pack of newborn sleepsuits and that way if baby is small send dh out to go get a couple more packs or your mum xkx

I have got a couple of newborn sizes but mostly got up to 1 month or 0-3 months as they grow so quickly! You will also find that you will get given sleep suits etc as gifts so I wouldn't bother getting too much stuff!

Best thing to do is look at the weight rather than just focusing on newborn or 0-3. I noticed that m&s newborn was different to sainsburys and mothercare was different again. I have about 4 different sizes for newborn! I'll be taking the larger, more generous newborn sizes as well as a few of the "normal" newborn just incase!

Xx

^ ^ I agree! i brought some stuff from sainsburys which looks much smaller than anything i have from asda or tesco =/

I have a couple of newborn outfits (vests and sleepsuits) to take to hospital and also one 0-3 outfit & spares=/.

My friends baby was really long and didnt fit into newborn becuase her legs were too long, saddd, i will be upset if she doesnt fit in the newborn stuff =[

I have more 0-3 than newborn though, and definalty more 3-6 clothes!!:flower:

We've becided to pack both sizes....hubby was a rather long baby and i was a rather chubby one...!

Iv packed in babys bag - Newborn, tiny and first size..

some of its from asda so its a bit on the bigger side then the stated 'Tiny baby'

the Newborn is also from the disney store aswell and it looks a bit big...

Im thinking of getting a couple next sleep suits in 'up to 1 month' just incase

im taking both.
my sister had her wee boy 4 weeks ago, he was 8lbs 10 and newborn didnt fit, he was all squashed in!

ive no idea what size my baby will be but people say im big and my fundal height is 2 weeks ahead but that could just be fluid!

Thanks everyone, I'm going to go out and get some newborn stuff too. I'd hate to take a bag full of suits which were too big! I have noticed the difference in weights from shop to shop on some of the things people have bought me already. I'll have to look around and get a selection, any excuse to shop!!
This is my first baby so I'm a bit cluless but do they give you an idea of how big your baby will be before it's born? I think I'd need advanced warning if I was going to have a 12 or 11lber!! O:)

This is my first baby so I'm a bit cluless but do they give you an idea of how big your baby will be before it's born? I think I'd need advanced warning if I was going to have a 12 or 11lber!! O:)

i was wondering this too!!
i read a lot of women on here knowing roughly how much their baby weighs at a certain point, ive never been told that

The sizes vary so much from shop to shop too. I've packed tiny baby and newborn in my hospital bag. My DD was in tiny baby for 6 weeks (we were expecting a big baby but she was 6lbs 9ozs) so we had to send MiL out to buy tiny baby and more newborn stuff.

My last baby was 10lb 8oz and i had no idea he was going to be big no one did! He was in newborn for about a week so this time i'm taking some newborn and some 0-3.

Just to add to your thread if you don't mind, my LO was 12 days early and i'd packed newborn which was far too big (she was 6lb 11oz) and didn't go into 0-3 till she was around 5/6 weeks old. And she is long too! I would defo get some newborn suits & vests and some of the up to a month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->