Newborn Rash Question....

KX

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just requiring your input on something.

Lucy has got this red spotty rash on her face, tbh it looks horrid. My HV said its a hormonal rash with the bf and can be common but it does go away. Lucy has had it over a week now :wacko:

Did any of your babies have this?

The HV said the reason she knows its a hormonal rash is that its primarily on the face and it only ever spreads to above the chest. Lucy just has it on her face.

Rebecca never had this, and this sounds terrible, but you imagine babies with super soft skin and people look in her pram and go "oh look at that rash". i feel terrible.

some people just don't think before htey open their mouths (like me ha ha!)

thanks in advance xxxxx

callum had this, it looks so sore!! but it does heal, just try keep the skin as dry as poss :D

Jack had it too hun, it's awful isn't it? my nurse gave me some oilatum cream for it and it worked a treat

Hi Kx

Olivia had this for about a week when she was really young but only got it the once. It was due to the hormones coming through the milk.

Sounds yuck but breastmilk will be the best cure for it, just dab a wee bit on and let it air dry.

Alfie had this, it went to the back of his neck and covered the the very top of his back........I was given aqueous cream to help keep it calm, which seemed to help. x

Bethanie had what sounded similar, she had the rash on her cheeks mainly, forehead, top of her head, then her chest and back would get red and sore. Even her feet got dry. She had eczema apparently, so she was prescribed Oilatum bath oil and Aqueous cream, which is really great and we lathered her in it 5 times a day and her skin is gorgeous now. Hope that helps.

By the way, I know what you mean with people thinking "err a rash" etc, as I would always think the same.. and still do with silly things like a bit of chapped skin she had on her chin from major dribbling lol.

Frankie has it too as I type!

Its like little spots you get as a teenager so I think hers is definitely hormonal- the odd spot has a tiny white head too! - She's had spots come and go since birth and they look worse after a bath. They aren't too bad at this moment. Ky never had anything like it and I breastfed him too.

Hopefully they will both have supersoft skin soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->