Newly expectant needs help !

Amethyste

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
Hi, i just got a BFP yesterday and even thought i wanted it, i am freaking out and i feel guilty about it because there is a lot of ladies who have been TTC for a long time and i got pregnant on my first cycle and now i wonder if i a gonna be able to handle it. I am happy but it happened soo fast, it scares me !!

Also, I usually enjoy eating but scince last week my appetite is quite low. I eat but i don't fancie anything in particular. I couldn't even eat half of my breakfast this morning. I hear that the main symptom of pregnancy is increase hunger so is there something wrong with me ?

Any support would be great. thanks xxx

hey hun! firstly congrats on your BFP! I just found out on the first and it was my first cycle TTC too. :D :hugs:

my friend is also PG, and she's the same period along as I am (coindidentally enough lol), and she and I are polar opposites. I have cramps, she doesn't. her boobs are growing, mine haven't yet. I'm starving nonstop, she feels a lack of desire to eat much and some things make her nauseous.

so no worries, you're not alone! :D best wishes and congrats!

I know exactly what you mean about not knowing what you fancy eating. I'm often the same, I tend to let DH choose the evening meal now and I just go along with it.

I also have to force myself to eat, in particular breakfast, I get half way through and it becomes a struggle to finish it, but I know I need to eat because m/s tends to start to kick in if I get too hungry. I now carry dry Jacobs crackers around with me for emergencys.

And congratulations on your BFP. Enjoy the next 9 months before your little bundle of trouble arrives x

Congrats hun :) you have the most wonderul journey to go thru... yr gunna love yr bump :) and how lucky on the first month... its ment to be xxx You sound perfectly normal so dont be worrying

Congratulations!! Take everything as it comes, even the weirdest symptoms are usually normal (and we all know what it's like) appetite is a weird one, normal to not want to eat in the early weeks but definitely gets better - I can't stop eating at the moment!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you xxxx

You're not alone! I'm 5 weeks today and since my bfp have been really picky about what I eat and generally got no appetite. Haven't really eaten or fancied chocolate at all which is unheard of for me! Yet I have ballooned in size lol! Oh well :shrug:

Me too. We were NTNP.

While I was pleased I was also a bit shocked and scared. Overall I feel pleased but even now I have wobbly moments when I worry I won't be a good mum. I think that's a natural part of it.

My appetite is also very strange. I'm normally someone who loves their food, but I've actually lost some weight because I haven't been able to eat much. I think you just have to eat what you can and not worry about it. Forcing yourself to eat doesn't do any favours.

There is absolutely no need for you to feel guilty just because you got your bfp really quick! I am one of those lttc'ers but have never and never would begrudge or make any woman feel bad just because she was fortunate to fall really quick, I waited a long time for this bfp but even so still panicked like crazy and sat there thinking "omg" We wouldnt be normal if we didnt worry that we wouldnt be able to cope etc, thats mother nature for you hun.

You only found out yesterday so your bound to still be up in the clouds, shocked or however you want to put it, I barely spoke for a week I was so shocked and panicked lol

As for eating I go from not wanting anything to being a full on pig! Just go with the flow and try not to panic too much as everyone is different, many congrats and hope all goes well for you xxx

Thanks everybody for your replies, I have bought some breakfast buiscuits today for the morning so we ll see how it goes tomorow lol, I also have been watching the bump photos on the forum and they really cheered me up !!

Torilou, what i meant when i said i feel guilty (sorry i didn't explain very well) is that i was so shocked that i thought "Omg, am i really ready for it ?" or "maybe i should have waited a bit more" and then i feel guilty for having doubts like that. I mean i asked for it and i should be so happy that it happened so fast. I think i am panicking like your did, hopefully it will get better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->