Newly preggo and too scared to be excited.

kasey590

Reaction score
Ok so we had a miscarriage back on April 28th and Ibe only just found out that I'm expecting again. About 3-4 weeks along. We have a healthy 4 year old daughter together but I'm just so worried this one will end in MC too. We lost the last one at 3-4 weeks too so I'm excited to have a positive but too nervous to get excited :-( plus a good friend of mine had a MC on Friday. We would have been around the same gestation too. So knowing what I've gone through with mine I'm not ready to tell her I'm up the duff. I can't stand the idea of upsetting her the way I was upset when someone else told me they were pregnant right after my MC. I know she will be happy for us but I also know how it feels to be happy for someone and sad for yourself. It's not something want her to feel any time soon. She was told she wouldn't be able to fall pregnant and the drop of the hat like that either so this news came at a shock for her and then to lose it it breaks my heart for her.

So yeah. I'm too scared to be excited. For me and because I don't want to see my friend hurt.

image.jpg

I am feeling the same - you are not alone! I have a 3 year old, a nearly 2 year old and have had 4 MCs in the past.. I am now 4w 2d with baby #3 and feel too scared to be excited :-( congrats on your pregnancy :) x

I am 4w 2d today as well. I am scared to death because of my last 2 losses and it took me over 14 months to conceive this one. I am having a lot of discharge and keep running to the toilet to check if its blood.

Thanks for the replies girls. I'm glad I'm not alone but I'm sorry other people are as worried as I am :-(

If anyone wants to be bump buddies and go through all this together I'm down for that!

Its normal to feel like that after a loss i had a miscarriage February this year and just found out im about 4 weeks its terrifying! Hopefully in time your friend will come to terms with her loss and can be excited with you, good luck!

I was the same hun and it still doesn' t feel like it's sunk in yet. I think it's normal though as I have heard a lot of people feel this way :hugs:

Same here!! I wanted to enjoy this pregnancy as its my last but I really can't wait to get out of first trimester!!!

Im glad its not just me that feels like this. its like every single little twinge, im almost ready to wear a pad just to be sure i dont miss anything suspicious, i keep doing pregnancy tests just to be sure. I have one Clear Blue one im saving for about a week or so's time once im past the point where i lost the last one just to be sure. even booking my doctors appointment I dont want to book it until the next two weeks are up :-(

I know my friend will be happy for me. But i cant bear the thought of anyone feeling what ive felt. especially someone I love. The day after we announced our MC a friend of mine announced she was 12 weeks pregnant. I was so bitter and pissed off and annoyed at what I had lost you know? I hated feeling that way but i knew it was just because i was sad over my MC. I dont want her to be sad.

I think you're probably feeling the same as every person who's suffered a loss! It's totally normal. I couldn't feel relaxed and happy until my baby was safely in my arms and I totally regret worrying so much and wishing my pregnancy away. Please try and enjoy it. Today you're pregnant and that's what counts.

It's so sweet of you to be concerned about your friend.

Very true. I think once the next few weeks are over ill be fine. I had a smooth easy pregnancy with our daughter so there is no reason why i wont this time round either.

shes one of my best friends. No one deserves to go through this stuff. least of all her. It kills me that we were about the same gestation and every single step of the way for me will be a reminder to her of what shes lost. thats the crappiest thing ever.

I think you're probably feeling the same as every person who's suffered a loss! It's totally normal. I couldn't feel relaxed and happy until my baby was safely in my arms and I totally regret worrying so much and wishing my pregnancy away. Please try and enjoy it. Today you're pregnant and that's what counts.

It's so sweet of you to be concerned about your friend.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way Kasey :( itll be hard for your friend and you but it'll be okay.

I haven't miscarried as this is my first BFP but the statistics of miscarriage scare the hell out of me. I have to tell my colleagues (I've already told two today and I just found out I was pregnant last night!) because I work around hazardous materials and I can't explain why I'm not doing certain tasks without them figuring it out. So now I feel this overwhelming anxiety because I've told people. What if I miscarry? I don't know why I'm freaking out but I'd be lieing if I said I wasnt... I can't wait to be in the third trimester with a healthy happy baby and a 12 week scan under my belt! It's sad to think like this but its the truth.

Oh and ive already poas 3 times in 24 hours because I'm scared the lines will be lighter. I'm taking another one tomorrow. Silly I know but its reassuring to see the lines get darker at our vulnerable stage in pregnancy.

I'd love to be bump buddies I bet we have similar dues dates! I really hope you feel better and everything turns out for the best! :)

If anyone has any great ideas for helping to keep our minds off the negative I'm all ears! :)

I'm still worried and I'm 12 weeks!

My friend has made an issue of trying for a baby since around March, which is when we started too. I didn't want to tell anyone we were trying though cause I didn't want the questions and pressure from others for 'has it happened yet','how's it going' kinda chats. But just so happened we conceived first time and she still hasn't. I feel bad as she sooooo wants another baby and is spending about £60 a month of preg tests!

Hi AutumnFlower!

I would love to be bump buddies with you! Im so scared. I did another digital test yesterday and its progressed to the next stage on the test but i tell ya im still scared. i find that when im sitting up right or cross legged im achy around my lower mid section like near my pubic bone? but when im walking around or laying down im fine :-/ I had a drs appointment yesterday and had my blood tests done so tomorow ill get those results back and then next week I have a dating scan on the friday afternoon so my OB will have the results by the following tuesday. My current EDD is March 5th lol!!! feel free to message me babe and we can chat etc :)

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way Kasey :( itll be hard for your friend and you but it'll be okay.

I haven't miscarried as this is my first BFP but the statistics of miscarriage scare the hell out of me. I have to tell my colleagues (I've already told two today and I just found out I was pregnant last night!) because I work around hazardous materials and I can't explain why I'm not doing certain tasks without them figuring it out. So now I feel this overwhelming anxiety because I've told people. What if I miscarry? I don't know why I'm freaking out but I'd be lieing if I said I wasnt... I can't wait to be in the third trimester with a healthy happy baby and a 12 week scan under my belt! It's sad to think like this but its the truth.

Oh and ive already poas 3 times in 24 hours because I'm scared the lines will be lighter. I'm taking another one tomorrow. Silly I know but its reassuring to see the lines get darker at our vulnerable stage in pregnancy.

I'd love to be bump buddies I bet we have similar dues dates! I really hope you feel better and everything turns out for the best! :)

I ended up telling her because we are going to their place on saturday night for dinner so she asked what we were drinking lol i went over there and had a chat with her and we both cried but she was really excited for me and shes doing good on her end. i told her how worried i am about her and jjst that i want her to be ok which is why i wasnt going to tell her yet but so far so good. shes amazng and i love her to death. shes just supportive and happy for us but i didnt want her to be down and i was worried she would be upset.

if your friend is sad or disappointed for herself thats totally normal, i just want to try to make sure its not something that i accidentally rub in her face or is in her way. im good with me but i want to make sure shes ok.

I'm still worried and I'm 12 weeks!

My friend has made an issue of trying for a baby since around March, which is when we started too. I didn't want to tell anyone we were trying though cause I didn't want the questions and pressure from others for 'has it happened yet','how's it going' kinda chats. But just so happened we conceived first time and she still hasn't. I feel bad as she sooooo wants another baby and is spending about £60 a month of preg tests!

Kasey that's so exciting that your preg test advanced to the next level!! :) I took a digital today and it says 1-2 weeks. My doctor based my due date on my LMP and says 5 weeks and my due date is Mar 1st. However he didn't take into account that I have longer cycles 35 day average vs 28 day cycle. So based on my digital preg test and my cycle I'd say I'm 4 weeks now and due Mar. 7th.... Because I know the date of my LMP, my doctor isn't scheduling an ultrasound until 12 weeks! I don't know how I'll wait that long lol. You're so lucky you get an early scan I hope it goes well!

I've sent u a Private message Hun!

Yeah over here we get a dating scan which is usually at about 5 and a half 6 weeks, then you have another scan at 12-13 weeks, then another between 18-20 and I can't remember when you have any others?? Is it not the same where you are? And yay! Due March 7th means we can totally be bump buddies and race each other to the finish line hahaha!!

Kasey that's so exciting that your preg test advanced to the next level!! :) I took a digital today and it says 1-2 weeks. My doctor based my due date on my LMP and says 5 weeks and my due date is Mar 1st. However he didn't take into account that I have longer cycles 35 day average vs 28 day cycle. So based on my digital preg test and my cycle I'd say I'm 4 weeks now and due Mar. 7th.... Because I know the date of my LMP, my doctor isn't scheduling an ultrasound until 12 weeks! I don't know how I'll wait that long lol. You're so lucky you get an early scan I hope it goes well!

Aww I had my little boy on March 7th just gone. Awesome day to have a baby 😂
Good luck to both you ladies. Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!

Hanni- Congrats on your new little boy!! My due date is tentatively March 6th but could easily move to the 7th :) (not 100% sure on O date)

Like you all I am pretty terrified. I have not had a mc before as this is my first ever BFP. I have PCOS and have been trying for over a year. I think most of my anxiety stems from how hard it was to get pregnant. I had a beta at 12dpo=49 15dpo=104 and 17dpo (today) which I am still waiting on the result for. The first one to the second doubled within the 72hr range at about 65hours but the nurse didn't sounds so confident about it. I have been putting too much time into Dr.Google and totally freaked myself out now.

I'm in the same boat. Boy of four and I miscarried at 13 weeks last September.

Congrats on your BFP am sure it will be fine for us all :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->