newly pregnant and dieting...

RaspberryK

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not going to diet as such, planning on starting at slimming world again next week.
I have again got pregnant over Christmas, after a little weight gain, except I'm 2.5 stone overweight this time around after putting on a whopping 4 stone with my son.
So I'm not doing that again, I will watch what I eat and not use it as an excuse to binge every day on shite!
Anyone with me?
Xx

Just wanted to wish you best of luck!!!

You got this :) Congrats btw!!! Maybe chat with your doc to see how many calories you should be taking in while prego- I think it's like only 300 more daily to maintain your weight throughout. Sometimes like that- I'm sure it varies per woman though- and if you want to lose or just maintain it will vary. I didn't eat as well as I should have while prego- it was HARD to resist! lol. So I gained a bit- but I also worked out (walked or did cardio and weights) during too to help combat the weight gain. Not that you should take up excercise while prego- but I worked out before. Although some light cardio - like walking or cardio machine could keep your blood pumping and help with aches/pains/bloat and weight gain-- but again, I'd just chat with your doc to discuss what is Ok.

Thanks for the reply, I remember you from when we had our 2 year olds!
I don't think I'll see a doctor, but I'll be booking in with my midwife soon and I'll see what she says.
Current nhs guideline say only 200 extra calories required in 3rd tri.
I counted my calories today and I thought I'd been good but I've totalled 2300.
I'm aiming to get my five a day and make a third of every meal green veg/salad, and only eat til I'm full.
Snacks are fruit or low fat yoghurt.
Cheese is my biggest downfall so I'm trying to have meals that I can't add that to, which was an epic fail today.
I have never really exercised much but I'll walk occasionally, I go up and down 2 flights of stairs all day and will start aquanatal once I'm 12 weeks.
Xx

What's the 3 day diet?
I started slimming world last night.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14