Newly pregnant & incredibly anxious - don't think I can wait until 12wk scan...!

MemmaJ

Reaction score
Got my BFP yesterday after 10 months of trying.
My LMP date makes me 3wks 5d today, but the CBD test yesterday said 2-3 weeks since conception, which makes me 4-5 weeks pregnant (hcG level wise).
The line tests were also really bold and came up straight away, before the urine had even finished passing across both windows. All these tests were only done at 11dpo, so I don't see how the hcG level can be that of 2-3 weeks since conception.

So the things is I now feel massively anxious and barely slept a wink lastnight as I've convinced myself I must be having twins again (I already have twins, they're my only children).
My last pregnancy (10 years ago) wasn't planned and I didn't know I was pregnant until AF was at least a week late, so I didn't worry about anything; I just got on with it & then found out at the 12wk scan it was twins.

Because this one was planned, I'm worrying about everything - I'm getting quite a lot of pain (no bleeding), and convincing myself something must be wrong. I have polycystic ovaries so I'm paranoid it's ectopic, something's not right, it's twins....
Basically I'm anxious about everything and just feel really worked up all day today, really on edge - palpitations and everything.
I don't know how I'm going to last until 12wks to know that everything is ok, and if so, whether it's one or two in there...!

Is there anything I can do aside from paying for a private scan..?

Maybe you can tell the dr youre concerned about possible ectopic and they could do a 6-7 week scan to check things out?

Congratulations on your BFP :flower:
You can try convincing your doctor to get you an early scan, but if you're in the UK they usually won't unless you've have had a host of problems either before, or bleeding now. I begged my doc with DD as had MC month before but he wouldn't as I hadn't had recurrent MCs. I went down the private scan route.

High HCG doesn't always mean twins, some twin pregnancies have lower HCG than singletons. That said if you've had twins before guessing you could be more susceptible.

I think the only way to reassure yourself if the doc won't refer you for an early scan, is to pay for one. I'm not sure what area you're in, but some women on here have said they have got them for as cheap as £50. They are £100 in my area and I really think they are reassuring. Just don't go before 7 weeks or it could cause more worry if your dates are out and the heart hasn't started yet xxx

I would definitely look into private reassurance scan hun. I dont know about your area but round here they're usually £100, i managed to get mine for £50 as a lady on here pointed me in the direction of a half price deal. All the best xx

Thank you for your advice, I thought private scans would cost hundreds! After your posts, I looked online and have just booked one for 18th April for just £65...!

That will make me 7+4 based on my LMP so that should be safe to see everything properly shouldn't it...? Wish I could have it sooner but I'm scared they'll say it's too soon and they can't see anything. Has anyone had one before 7 weeks and seen everything fine...?
It honestly can't come soon enough, 3 and a half weeks seems like such a long time away!

Hey hun, I ended up having a scan at around the same you will be, 7+something weeks. I couldn't keep down any food or fluids and it was ER protocol to do a scan. All we could see was the itty bitty fetal pole and heartbeat. I freaked out because I was measuring a week behind what I should have been according to my period. The tech explained that the measurements on these early scans aren't reliable and to still go by my period. Next scan at 10wks (unplanned, in the dang ER again) baby had caught up and was measuring a week ahead. So just wanted to let you know my experience so you don't get worried if there isn't much to see. Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->