Newly Pregnant with #1 - questions & concerns

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
Hi - posted this in the 1st trimester boards as well, but dawned on my that noone might be able to help! Hope someone here can.

Found out I was pregnant two days ago, after thought I had a period at the beginning of March (3rd but no bleeding since it finished). Been to see the dr who has referred me for a scan, but also told me it could be sign that I might miscarry, she then added that some women "just bleed". Am scheduled for the scan a week on Monday (know it's not long but feels like a lifetime away) which should be around 71/2 - 8 weeks I think.
She told me not to make my appointment for "booking?" with the midwife until after my scan.
Am trying not to freak out, but am! I'm just worried because I don't really feel pregnant - apart from having a headache in the morning and feeling full of cold. I've been eating normally - so breakfast, light lunch (salad/fruit) and small dinner (I haven't got a big appetite at the moment), but have lost a little bit of weight - maybe 2 lbs?
Was wondering if there is anything I can do/should be doing?
Am just worried that and concerned because wanted to be pregnant so much and worried something might go wrong.

Sorry for rant, and probably being totally irrational! x

It seems like an unusual request not to book in with your MW, only because if there was 1 team of peaople that could really reassure you it will be them. They have seen all kinds of pregnancies and know what is normal and what is not.

Bleeding in early pregnancy is not uncommon. I dont really have any advise, just didnt want to read and run :hugs: Keep taking your folic acid, eating well and drinking plenty of fluids, take it easy. These are the little things you can do for the lil one right now, and hopefully the scan will come round much quicker. If you are really concerned hun, ring the midwife department and tell them what the doctor said but ask if they can give you any advice, Im sure they'll be happy to see you and discuss it with you!

Congratulations on your lil baby hun, and I hope it all goes very smoothly.

Thank you for your reply - it's so hard because when you try not to think about it, you just think about it more! x

do something else to try and take your mind of it as your causing yourself to stress even more, i think he told you not to book in with mw as a precaution, you are having a scan earlier then normal and hopefully all will be ok, alot of people have bleeds during their first tri and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy, good luck.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->