Next door

Layla

Reaction score
We share the same chimny(sp?) mine is in the toy/pc room

Everyday they cook gorge stuff and the smell comes wafting through, i sit here and get hungry coz everything they cook just smells lovely.

Tonight, they are having a party, they did pre warn us, not bothred about teh noise atall

But the smell of ciggys is wafting through in to our room and its making me feel sick! I am so glad i gave up now coz the smell is terrible, worst thing is, all my stuff, carpet and curtains are going to stink in the morning :(

xx

Ick, can you not leave a window open a bit to air the room?

OMG how frustrating, is that normal for the smell to waft through? :hugs:

the window is painted shut, i tried to open it the other day, i will get Jase to try now tho.

I can even sit in here, i have to go out and come back in to check posts.

xx

Jase got the window open, and i have put a plug in air freshner in here on full, so its better now

xx

Crikey I was t hinking what KX is an if thats normal to get such a strong waft of food or smoke through to the next house (yours) :D

Surely that's not right? I'd get the landlord to check it out hun.

i dont mind the food smells, i look forward to dinner time coz it always smells lovely! lol

Our fire place must have a vent in it somewhere, its hard to tell coz there is a board up there with spot lights in (its preeeety) but thats the only place i can think of that the smell comes in from, there fire place would be in the same place in there house so it makes sence it comes from there.

No smell this morning, all i could smell when i came in was my plug in so its all ok now.

xx

JUst discussed this with my hubby who is a ventilation engineer and he says this shouldn't happen and he thinks there is a blockage in the chimney. The air should go out of the room because the air pressure outside is less than that inside the house. It may need sweeping or there may be an old birds nest or something similar blocking the chimney.

Mmmm get it swept layla ....

But cooking smells sound nice ... ask em to do you some lol!
xxx

they cooked curry last night, it was lovely! lol

Altho not good for the diet coz it made me hungry haha!

I dont mind it at the mo, but come winter if they have a real fire in tehre i will need to get it swept!

xx

Mmmm i would chimney fires are VERY dangerous ......

I had one when i lived in scotland my neighbour came running round to the house and near shit with panic!

Need to get landlord to sort it ASAP!
xxx

When we moved house a few years ago, we had our chimney swept because we wanted to put a new fire in and there was tons of crap came out and it only cost about £30.

Well worth it for peace of mind, just a shame you'll miss those lovely food smells.

Charm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->