Next Steps: HSG, SA & then Chlomid

SmplyBlessed

Reaction score
Well I am sitting at lunch following my appt...

My doctor was very excited about my charting, and glad that I am o'ing each month...

Next steps: HSG and SA and then after those results if no bfp then Chlomid... She's switching my bp meds to something she uses in labor & delivery and asked if I was ok. (When I say I love my OBGYN, that's an understatement. She's been an amazing support)I am happy to know and be able to say that I AM OKAY. I'm I'm a great place mentally, emotionally, spiritually and working on the physical. I'm excited and optimistic about what's to come.

This journey has been a rollercoaster to say the least... Any advice from those who have gone through these tests?

Baby dust/juice and all that jazz to you ladies...

The HSG isn't too bad. Usually women feel a little crampy, but it's not unbearable because the test is over so quick! Take a few ibuprofen an hour before the test and don't stress! The good thing about this test is that you can watch on the x-ray screen as the dye fills your uterus and (hopefully!) spills out of the tubes....instant results as opposed to waiting days for blood tests.

Needless to say, DH will have it easier with his SA ;)

LOL! well said...I took 3 advils 1 hour before, was a lil crampy during, and spotted bright blood n slight crampy feeling for 3 days after. My hubby has done 4 SA's, pretty standard, you have to make appt's here (in Canada) for them, it's not like blood tests where u can go anytime because they have to examine the sample when fresh. They will probably have your hubby/partner do more than one if anything is below normal, you also have to abstain 2 days but not more than 6 prior to SA. As for clomid, I took it once before (2 cycles) we didnt get a bfp but I did notice I had exactly bang on 30 day cycles. And at the time i was back in forth flying overseas which messes up ovulation, so I noticed it really regulated it. I am so glad to hear you are so positive about it all. Blessings xx

Thank you both! :)

She did mention the whole no BD'ing CD1-9 and for him 3 days before the SA...I told her we'll be good, lol. And that after the HSG, provided there weren't any major issues, it could help, especially with the fact I usually ovulate later in my cycle...so we shall see. Again I appreciate both of your responses :)

Baby dust/juice and all that jazz to you ladies ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->