NHS Maternity leave

Margarita82

Reaction score
Hi, I’m going to start to work for the NHS in few months and I check my new employer maternity leave policy to know when I should start TTC to be entitled to receive maternity leave but it’s very confuse to me. Someone can explain it to me? Looks like I should be working at my new job for 5 or 6 months before starting TTC.
Thank you very much

That’s the policy:

Entitlement to paid maternity leave is dependent on length of service by the expected week of birth.

If you have less than 41 weeks service by the expected week of birth you are entitled to a Maternity Allowance which is paid directly by the Government.

If you have between 41 and 66 weeks service by the expected week of birth you are entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) for up to 39 weeks. This will be paid by the college. The current rates of SMP.

If you have 67 weeks service or more by the expected week of birth you are entitled to College Maternity Pay which is 18 weeks at full pay (i.e. calculated before any salary sacrifice has been made), followed by 21 weeks at the Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), followed by a maximum of 13 weeks unpaid leave.

You get up to 52 weeks leave in the UK regardless of where you work (as log as you have an employment contract and give adequate notice. However not all of that will be PAID leave. You are correct that if you want be best deal from your employer, you would need to be working for them for 25 weeks before you get pregnant.

This tells you what is statutory (you get it regardless of who you work for) Maternity pay and leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->