NHS Rant (sorry)

Little Monkey

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Sorry if I have posted this in wrong place. I just had to get it off my chest.

I am so angry with the NHS at this moment I am so tempted to put in an offical complaint.

I have had an toothache for about 2 weeks and now have an absess :hissy: Went to emergancy dentist who looked about 15 years old and didnt have a clue what he was doing and told me there was nothing he could do as I am 31
weeks pregnant and have asthma and then suggested that I go to the walk in clinic or pharmacy.

Went all the way to the other end of town to the walk in clinic to be told by the receptionist that they dont deal with absesses while pregnant and to contact my doctor. Went to the doctors (at the other end of town again) on the way to taking my son to nursery and the receptionist told me doctors wont see me because its dental and to go to the dentist or A&E.

On the way to A&E I called into the pharmacy and he told me I needed antibiotics and was very helpful tried to find out if there was anything else I could take etc but suggested I go to A&E as everything else I couldnt take because I am pregnant or becuase of the asthma. Went to A&E as soon as I said I was pregnant they told me to go to dentist that they dont deal with teeth.

I have just got back home and phoned the midwife for some advice as the pain is that bad now I am sat here crying and she told me to go to the Walk in Clinic or my Doctor.

All I have done all day is run around from one place to another trying to see someone to be told different things by different people. So much for a nice relaxing 30th Birthday today, it certainly will be one to remember.

Anyway now going to go back down to the walk in clinic (as cant get an appointment with doctor now) and demand to be seen this time.

:hugs: sorry no-one helping you. It like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! XXX

:hugs: Hope you get some help at the walk-in clinic

sorry your havin such a rough day but happy birthday anyways xx

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear that you've been given the runaround. An absess should not be left untreated and someone needs to do something for you!

Hope that you find somebody who can help you! :hug:

Happy Birthday!

But I hope your pain gets better quickly, must be so frustrating :(

xxx

Sorry if I have posted this in wrong place. I just had to get it off my chest.

I am so angry with the NHS at this moment I am so tempted to put in an offical complaint.

I have had an toothache for about 2 weeks and now have an absess :hissy: Went to emergancy dentist who looked about 15 years old and didnt have a clue what he was doing and told me there was nothing he could do as I am 31
weeks pregnant and have asthma and then suggested that I go to the walk in clinic or pharmacy.

Went all the way to the other end of town to the walk in clinic to be told by the receptionist that they dont deal with absesses while pregnant and to contact my doctor. Went to the doctors (at the other end of town again) on the way to taking my son to nursery and the receptionist told me doctors wont see me because its dental and to go to the dentist or A&E.

On the way to A&E I called into the pharmacy and he told me I needed antibiotics and was very helpful tried to find out if there was anything else I could take etc but suggested I go to A&E as everything else I couldnt take because I am pregnant or becuase of the asthma. Went to A&E as soon as I said I was pregnant they told me to go to dentist that they dont deal with teeth.

I have just got back home and phoned the midwife for some advice as the pain is that bad now I am sat here crying and she told me to go to the Walk in Clinic or my Doctor.

All I have done all day is run around from one place to another trying to see someone to be told different things by different people. So much for a nice relaxing 30th Birthday today, it certainly will be one to remember.

Anyway now going to go back down to the walk in clinic (as cant get an appointment with doctor now) and demand to be seen this time.

buy some hygragen poroxid from ur chemist dilute with water and gurgle it will kill the infection and help your pain ive had the same bloody prob and have asthma also hope this helps costs about 80pence

buy some hygragen poroxid from ur chemist dilute with water and gurgle it will kill the infection and help your pain ive had the same bloody prob and have asthma also hope this helps costs about 80pence

ARGH!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use Hydrogen Peroxide whilst pregnant!!!! It is really nasty stuff to unborn babies and I actually blame my Tom's spinal bifida on it! it prevents cells from splitting - part of the growing process!

It says it on the bottle and I was told off by a very very senior research consultant!

Thanks for all your replies.

Been back to the walk in clinic and they cannot treat me becuase I am pregnant they can only give me advice. I spoke to the person who was in charge and told her that I have been sent all over all day and the pain is getting worse and needed something for it and wasnt leaving until someone did something.

She was very understanding and appologised on behalf of the walk in clinic for not being any more help, then phoned my doctors surgery and demanded to speak to practice manager or someone in charge. She explained my situation (all done in front of me) and said I needed to see someone asap etc. Well got told to go in a 4.50pm and I would be seen by the emergancy doctor. Went in at 4.45pm and got taken straight through to the doctor by the practice manager who appologised and told me I could make an official complaint.

Seen the doctor and he was so lovely and gave me a prescription for antibiotics straight away. He also said I can have any dental treatment (including removing a tooth, fillings etc) done while pregnant but its not recommended before 12 weeks and because I am over 30 weeks it wouldnt have any effect on the baby now anyway.

Anyway now have antibiotics and have to still take paracetomal for the pain. Also been told to rest for next few days as much as possible as my blood pressure if slight raised but he is putting it down to a very stressful day.

Decided to change Doctor Surgeries now too as I have had so much trouble with this one (not just today) that I cant take it any more. So if anyone knows how to go about changing doctor surgeries please let me know.

Thanks again for reading and replying to my first (and hopefully only) rant.

What a tough day! Glad it's sorted now, and Happy Birthday!
I wouldn't recommend changing GP surgeries until after baby is born. I work for an insurance company who request medical records from GP's, and when someone changes GP, the records get sent to a central processing centre and can take several months to reach the new GP.

What a tough day! Glad it's sorted now, and Happy Birthday!
I wouldn't recommend changing GP surgeries until after baby is born. I work for an insurance company who request medical records from GP's, and when someone changes GP, the records get sent to a central processing centre and can take several months to reach the new GP.

Thanks. Will be waiting until baby is born and when I go to register baby with doctor will be changing mine and our 3 sons to my partners surgery too.

I changed loads recently because i keep moving and my records take months to come through.

All you need to do if find your new practice and sign up. They will do the rest for you!

I changed loads recently because i keep moving and my records take months to come through.

All you need to do if find your new practice and sign up. They will do the rest for you!

Thanks. Didnt realise it was that easy.

Sorry to hear you had such a tough day today. Hope you feel better soon and also happy birthday xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->