Nicknames for privates?

We use bits, willy & bum here. I cringe at the real names to be honest & no one I know refer to them as vulva/vagina. In time I will tell her the proper names.

I also can't abide the word fanny. It makes me feel funny just typing it out :blush:

Ive never heard of balls or fanny being swear words either.

I'm in Essex UK and never really thought of balls being a swear word, maybe sometimes say oh balls if I mess something up, bollocks is more of a swear word IMO nor have I ever thought of fanny as a swear word, I lived all over the UK and its been pretty much the same where ever I have been :wacko:

I'm in Essex UK and never really thought of balls being a swear word, maybe sometimes say oh balls if I mess something up, bollocks is more of a swear word IMO nor have I ever thought of fanny as a swear word, I lived all over the UK and its been pretty much the same where ever I have been :wacko:

I agree, I think of bollocks as being more of a swear word.

We don't use the correct words but chose words that other people would know what they were on about if they ever did need to tell anything. We use 'willy' and 'tuppy' which are the most popular words used in my area. For a girl they are not usually refering to the vagina anyway, my little girl told me her tuppy hurt when she had a water infection, so wasnt refering to her vagina. Ds calls hos testicals, 'balls'. I think regional slang varries as to whats acceptable. where I am, balls, willy, tuppy etc are the norm for children but we'd never dream of getting a girl to use the word 'fanny' as its a really rude word here.

My daughter isn't old enough yet but I think we will go with 'girly bits' and 'willy', she'll be taught the real names but both of those names are universally recognisable... I don't like the word fanny myself and it feels a bit crude, but each to their own :). If I had a boy I'd go with balls!

Girly parts and boy parts. Though DD does now know the proper names and refers to them as so.

The more I think about it .... and after mentioning to my husband I don't think fanny is the word I would use for girl parts. .. I have never actually thought about it but apparently most people consider it impolite.. oops haha. My daughter is only a month old so I haven't actually had to decide yet. I still think Willy and balls are the correct term for ya boy junk though. Fanny is a girls names.... so maybe people are just being insanely sensitive about it being used but then again some people are called dick and that's a swear word.. it's all so confusing lol

This is reminding me of the Irn Bru advert.

Fanny. We will call her Fanny. Her mum is a Fanny, and her gran was a Fanny.

Lmao

It's not that I'm sensitive about it but to me fanny is on par with minge and I wouldn't want my daughters calling it that either. For me Fanny and minge (and similar) are older people (teens onwards) slang terms and therefore not appropriate.

The more I think about it .... and after mentioning to my husband I don't think fanny is the word I would use for girl parts. .. I have never actually thought about it but apparently most people consider it impolite.. oops haha. My daughter is only a month old so I haven't actually had to decide yet. I still think Willy and balls are the correct term for ya boy junk though. Fanny is a girls names.... so maybe people are just being insanely sensitive about it being used but then again some people are called dick and that's a swear word.. it's all so confusing lol

Fanny was largely what I remember being used as kids in school, not in a rude way that was just what people said, I don't think my mum liked it if I remember but it's one of those words that I didn't like as getting older and seems more rude now than it ever was then, perhaps not rude actually, just cringe??

Willy and balls! Never really had to talk about girly parts yet but I tend to call mine a foof :haha:. Not sure what we'll use when it comes to DD.

Hm, I think that's a tough one. I personally think if you're going to use proper names for things, I would use proper names for all of them. We use penis and vagina. We only have a girl, so she doesn't really know testicles exist yet as they aren't something she can easily see on her boy friends when they get changed or use the toilet. But I would use testicles when it comes to have that conversation. I do think balls is a bit inappropriate, but I would say fanny has the same sort of connotation. Willy, I think, is a bit more child-appropriate, but still I like the real words for things and those are the words I use when I talk about genitalia, so that's what we teach our daughter. I think both fanny and balls might get them in trouble in school if used wantonly.

Fanny was a swear word when I was growing up :haha:

Lucas calls it his willy and boolies/peanuts. I think he picked those names up at school, they're definitely not my terms anyway. I don't really mind what he calls them as long as it's not offensive (I mean I love the C word but I wouldn't let him use it :lol:)
Mine is a yoo-hoo. Despite my explaining it he still doesn't understand how mine is different to his :dohh:

Hehe ^ Jacob is the same. He always asks if I have a willy too and really doesn't understand it when I try to explain girls are different.

The girls both know they have a vagina, never been too fussed about them saying that, i know technically vulva is more correct, but they seem to have decided on saying vagina which im fine with. Ive not even considered Arlo yet, but i presume it'll be penis/willy, balls/testicles? basically, whatever his dad says!

Its a Noon and a Peen in our house and that's just me and OH :haha:
Think if I was using it around kids I would use Noon and Winkle.
I don't really care for the proper names, kids are kids - I didn't know it was testicles or vagina till I was older, and I'm fine with that.
My mum bought us up called them diddlies :haha:

I don't think a Noon or a Winkle would be mistaken for anything else!

xx

I think that they're not really known as that. So for example if a child said such and such touched my noon or winkle to a teacher, they probably wouldn't see it as a concern as it doesn't instantly say vulva/vagina or penis. Things like Willy have been around such a long time and are widely used so someone outside of the family would know if they disclosed to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->