Nicu mom of 2, so terrified

Koifish

Reaction score
I am mainly posting because I need to get this out...

I am now a NICU mom of 2 in two different hospitals and I am feeling so sad. My baby boys were born at 33 weeks last night as I went into labor. I am so over the moon there here. Its hard though because they are not here next to me. I did get to hold one of them today it was hard to put him back down.

My other baby my husband is with. He got transfered due to esphogus artesia and his esphogus is short. The doctors seem very confident it will be ok, but I am scared of losing my baby boy. I'm happy my husband is with him and can update me but I wish I could be with him and know for sure what the plan is (still figuring it out) and know he will be ok. They are also testing him for other issues. Just praying for the best!

I am doing my best but I am just so scared of something happening to him!

Praying both boys recover fully and get to be in your arms ASAP!!
Congratulations!

Hope both of your little ones are better and home soon. I was lucky enough to have mine both at the same hospital but then one was in hospital 6 days longer than the other and it was hard running back and forth. Can't imagine having that right from the start. *hugs*

Congratulations on your little ones. I can't imagine what you are going through at the minute not having with both of them together. I hope you have got lots of support around you and they make a speedy recovery

I went through exactly this. I delivered at 33+4. One of my girls stayed at my hospital for 16 days, the other was sent to our Children's hospital about 45 minutes away (in good traffic) and stayed there for 74 days. She didn't have esophageal atresia, but did have multiple surgeries. It was an excruciatingly painful time. Please feel free to PM me to talk. :hugs: You and your baby will get through this. :hugs:

Thanks for keeping my boys in your thoughts. My one is doing good is off iv's and eating, growing and learning to do things. It will be a bit but glad he's doing well. His brother took surgery well and is recovering he's stable but hooked up to a lot of stuff. I final got to see him for more than 5 minutes yesterday and heading over soon to see him. Its hard both hospitals are far from our home. I'll do whatever I need to for them though.

Thank you Sucrek I remember seeing you post about it before. I can only imagine what you went through it so heartbreaking, I appreciate the offer to talk!

Of course! That's what these forums are for. :) Also, I feel a special connection to your boys because they have my super awesome birthday! ;)

Congratulations on your boys hun <3

i am so glad the are both doing so well. <3

Glad your boys are coming along well. :) I hope that the situation with traveling so far can be made easier some how as your boys progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->