Night nappies, how many?

A

anothersquish

I have four Pop-Ins I bought specifically for nighttime, I also have bought the bamboo mini boosters for putting in my Itti Bittis incase they proove to be good on him too. I have four ittis definately, I had six more I bought but they seem to have vanished in the post so I am wondering if I could possibly get away with just 8 night time nappies whilst he is little....
I do have vast numbers of nappies so its not like Id be short (I have over 80 nappies....:wacko:) but thought it best to have plenty of nappies that we know are good specifically for bedtime....
or maybe I am just looking for an excuse to buy more nappies :blush:

Hmmm I think 8 would be plenty after a few months for sure, I haven't done newborn so I wonder if it would be enough then because I know my boys would poo each time they ate even through the night for the first few weeks. But also since they eat so often even through the night I guess you don't need a night specific diaper for then since it's not like they will be sleeping for long stretches. So I think it would be fine, you might end up having to use some regular diapers at night, depending on how often you're washing and how often he wakes :)

i wouldnt recommend ittis for bed personally, we get 3 maybe 4 hours out of them and with the mini boosters id say about an hour or so longer....

8 should be plenty, I use pop-ins at night too see Lil Q at least 11 hours (longest yet)

i've posted the ittis you brought from me today.

I have three popins with the night booster for night time. When I've been extra lazy with the washing, I very occasionally use a popin with a smart nappy insert instead of the booster but that's rare. So I'd say you only need 4 really. Like Mommyof3co said, if your LO is needing more than one nappy a night, you won't really need a specific night nappy anyway. As long as the fit is good, you'll be fine with day nappies if you only need them for 3-4 hours.

Also, I agree about the ittis. Even with the bamboo mini booster and an extra microfibre insert, we get 4 hours max from them.

Thanks for the notes re the ittis, I had intended to always put the pop-ins on as a first choice but may well keep my ittis for day time (besides who wants to save all that cute fluff for bedtime...haha) and then once hes out of "small" size invest in a couple more pop-ins if I think we need them...my last one was sleeping ten hours solid a night from 6 weeks and I do not expect to be so lucky with this one so wanted to be a bit prepared...!!
I do have a massive stash of nappies to choose from and extra bamboo boosters that fit in all the pocket nappies...I have several small fuzzi bunz I could stuff a couple of bamboo boosters in each....

yeh they will definately be enough hun..i have 5/6(i cant remember lol) pop ins and one Good Mama Good Night and i have never ran out ( i wash 3 times a week tho cos my nappy bucket is quite small)like everyone has already mentioned you wont need specific night nappies for a while ..and i'd defo not recommend ittis at all for the first few weeks/month or 2 (especially if you are BF) as they dont really hold runny poo in and if your LO's legs arent too chunky then you might get some leakage from the legs at first IYGWIM?

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

oh and Fuzzi's are fab - i used mine overnight a few times and never had any leaks:)

Is it really sad I cant wait to experiment with them to find out which are best....OH spotted the Kushies that arrived today before I managed to smuggle them into the wardrobe out of his sight....he didnt look very impressed...opps!

How do tots bots (I have bamboozles and organic) manage at night generally? Im intending to use them with riki wraps but hadnt thought of using them at night.

They manage fine at night but obviously the whole nappy gets wet under the wrap i boosted mine with EP hemp boosters and a rikki wrap, though i do prefer my pop-ins i will use a bamboozle/motherease boosted if i haven't managed to do a nappy wash.

lots of people use Bamboozles overnight (boosted) i think these will probs be your best bet to start off with on a night as Pop ins will be HUUUUUUGEE on a newborn/young baby:)

sara

xxxxx

Thanks, that was the problem I was looking at with the pop-ins, that they are very big and bulky and even if LO comes out the 10lb+ hes expected to be I think he will still be a bit little for such a "big" nappy at first.
I have plenty of Size 1 bamboozles (about ten?) I can boost and use with riki wraps so think that will be a good bet for til he gets a bit bigger. Im certainly not short on small sized nappies I can boost and use til hes a fair size....hehe.

Is it really sad I cant wait to experiment with them to find out which are best....OH spotted the Kushies that arrived today before I managed to smuggle them into the wardrobe out of his sight....he didnt look very impressed...opps! .

:dohh:

How do tots bots (I have bamboozles and organic) manage at night generally? Im intending to use them with riki wraps but hadnt thought of using them at night.

i bought some trifold boosters for mother care smart nappies (4 quid for 2 but you can proabaly find cheaper ones else where) and experimented putting them in the bamboozles and organic cotton,
i wrap a microfiber cloth (3 for 97p from tescos :D ) around the boosters and put them in the nappy.
never had a leak from them, just Aimee has a huge butt at bed time :p

though now im thinking of getting a slimmer fit so ive bought a couple of night nappys to see how they suit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->