Night Nappy for Heavy Wetter/Chunky boy!

Peardrop

Reaction score
I've never yet needed to post in this section before although I would love to thank all those who contribute as I have used the search facility a lot to decide which nappies to buy. I now have a stash of about 15 and love using cloth.

However, I would like some specific advice. Oliver is almost 3 months and is a large baby. He is a heavy wetter at night and also has chunky legs and is fairly solid and broad around the middle. I need to work out what to buy/use at nights as he is still in sposies.

I have tried a BG AIO (think that's what it would be) as it was good during the day but it didn't last the night so had to change it. What other nappies would work for my LO as a night nappy?

Happy to buy some to complete the swap to cloth.

What do you advise

Jetters little one is similar to yours and she has had success with baby beehinds magic alls I think after trying lots of others!

https://www.green-me.co.uk/babybeehinds_aio.php?nappy=baby_beehinds_minkee_aio_nappy

You really need to use a 2 part system at night. The best thing of all IMO, is 2 traditional square nappies, (but bamboo terry ones are better than cotton terry) folded together, with a wool nappy cover or longies.
The wool allows the nappy to start to dry, underneath the wool, without wetting anything else, so the second time your baby wees, the nappy has already started to dry i=underneath the wool. It really helps with overnight nappies, and is great in the daytime as well!

The best thing for my LO who was a very heavy wetter until recently and who has mega chunky thighs has been fitteds with either wool or a PUL wrap over the top. I'm a big fan of Wee Notions Night Notions for babies with chunky thighs as they have side snaps to fasten, which means that you can adjust the waist and thigh settings separately so you get a good fit.

I'm another fan of Wee Notions Night Notions. We use them with wool covers, and they've never let us down yet :)

i love the wee notions night notions on my boys too both have chunky thighs, i just need some wool now to go with it lol

Have you heard of The Brolly sheet. They are a fantastic product that arereally comfortable to sleep on and come in a range of bright colours. I have three boys and have used these with all of my boys. They completely take the hassle out of night time accidents and are so easy to remove and replace. No more baskets of washing in the morning (saving my sanity and my wallet) The boys also loved sleeping on the bright colours.

Good luck
Jen

Jetters little one is similar to yours and she has had success with baby beehinds magic alls I think after trying lots of others!

https://www.green-me.co.uk/babybeehinds_aio.php?nappy=baby_beehinds_minkee_aio_nappy

THIS!!! (Thanks Lliena :hugs:)

My son is also 12 weeks old and has chunky thighs and is a mega heavy wetter. The Magic-Alls are FAB because they are AIO so saves so much hassle, and also they have a pocket so you can add extra boosting... I don't need to add anything yet but i'm sure I will as he grows! These are my all time favourite night nappies now after a loooooong search.

However, I also use 2 part systems... I use WNNN (wee notions night notions) or Tots Bots stretchies with a Flip or Econobum wrap over the top. This system is SO reliable, never leaks, and the only reason I prefer Magic-Alls is because they are All In One and dad-proof :rofl:

I use a Minki pocket nappy stuffed with one of their pads, which is really good. Or stuffed with a pre-fold nappy and a bamboo insert - they are pretty big but you can stuff them with lots of absorbent stuff - as much as you need!

https://www.nappiesbyminki.co.uk/

^ oh yeah, I second that.

I'm gonna sell my standard minki just cos i've got more than enough now that works for us, but they are fab- big empty pockets that you stuff with whatever you like- I was using one organic, one stay dry flip insert. The velcro means you can get a leak free fit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->