Night Pumping

LaraSue

Two furry babies!
Reaction score
When my LO was about 3 months old, I was back at work and he was eating more than I was pumping. One of the things I did was start pumping at night after LO goes to sleep (he's an awesome sleeper). I have done this religiously, only missing a few nights because I fell asleep. I've also fed him instead of pumping. The past few nights my output at this night pump has been small. 2 oz, 3 oz, when I usually get 4-5. Any thoughts?

I'm bumping this because it's still an issue. Any thoughts?

So you are pumping once a day? So in other words one extra feed. But it's not as efficient as your baby. Is it possible that your boobs have self regulated.

If you are willing to try supplements, "more milk plus" is great! My lactation consultant suggested it. I got it on amazon.

Can you replace the night pump with night nursing?

Once past 6 weeks PP, I have never been able to use pumping to increase supply. And I have tried pumping with both of my kids. Nursing, on the other hand, has been quite successful for me. As others say, the breast is emptied better and more quickly with nursing and that should help production.

I'm pumping while at work, then feeding him when I'm with him, then pumping an extra time at night before bed. I guess it's possible I've self-regulated. I may just drop it, I have TONS of extra milk now and I may not need it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->