Nightmare! Looks like I am miscarrying :( TMI UPDATE

Vrinda

Reaction score
Didnt know this could happen! So terrifying, when you read other stories
never in your wildest dream you could imagine this could really happen to you :(

This is my second ever pregnancy, and I am at 12 weeks

Today was my first scan. The fetus is so very tiny and does not look developing, and there was NO heartbeat.

Looks like missed miscarriage. Doctor will do second scan next week to confirm things.

I am bleeding since two days.

What do doctors recommend to treat ? If I really am miscarrying ( I so hope not ) will it heal naturally? Or 12 weeks means there will be heavy bleeding if natural? I just dont know what to expect really

UPDATE : I was in hospital, I was bleeding very very heavily after waters broke, and then had big blood clots. In few hours, it seemed to slow down, and I was released in few hours.

I have a few questions :

I dont understand why they did not do ultrasound to see if all is clear?

Did they do D and C? If they do this, will they tell me? I am asking because the doctor put something inside me, and said it was to check cervix and to see if anything else remained. She took maybe some sample? or was it d and c?

They did not mention this to me or on papers, so I assume they didnt do this. It was only an internal examination?

I think I completed miscarriage naturally.

I'm not sure Hun but I didn't want to read and run, I'm ever so sorry your going through this fingers crossed everything works out positively and you don't end up miscarrying xx

I don't have any answers to your questions but wanted to say i am so sorry for what you are going through!

I am so sorry. :hugs: My mom miscarried at 12 weeks and had heavy bleeding after a few days of light bleeding. :nope:

I think if you are already bleeding then things might happen on their own. If not, there is probably the option of D&C or pills.

So sorry :hugs:

I am so very sorry. I had a mmc in February of last year but I was not as far along as you. I went with having a D&C but ended up happening naturally at home the night before. The baby passed at 6 1/2 weeks so that is the size of the baby I passed. The bleeding was heavy, spent a lot of time in the bathroom. It was painful but not unbearable.

I think it depends on how far the baby grew. If it is close to 12 weeks, they may recommend a D&C just to make sure they get everything.

If you have any questions or need to talk/vent, I can listen! Sadly there are many of us here that have been in the same situation.

I'm so sorry! :(

When I had complications with my MC-before-last, the doctor told me I had the option of pills, but estimated that they were only effective in 50% of cases, tops. She recommended a D&C, which is the option I went with.

Edit - I'd already waited over a month before I went in about it, I passed the first baby naturally, but the twin was a blighted ovum and my body insisted on retaining it anyway. So waiting was the first step, THEN the D&C, the doc didn't try rushing me into a D&C. Hope this clears it up. (Don't wait as long as I did, though, you can get an infection.)

My first ever pregnancy was a blighted ovum (basically just an empty sac that was growing, baby never developed) and missed miscarriage. I was 10 weeks roughly. I went in for a scan after I started to bleed/spot a bit. Confirmed that no baby. And doctor wanted me to see if I would miscarry on my own before even suggesting D/C. That was all on a Friday. That Monday I cramped so bad it sucked. I mean it was the worst pain I felt next to labor pain because I couldn't get rid of it. Tuesday no pain and passed the empty sac. It wasn't heavy bleeding it was a bit more than what a period for me was. After I passed the sac the bleeding slowed and was done by that Friday.

Yes it does suck but just know nothing that you did caused this. It isn't your fault. *hugs*

Sorry to hear , I just had a MMC went for scan @ 11 weeks baby had stopped growing at 8wk5days no heartbeat , I had a d&c as I only had some spotting . I think it would depend on when baby stopped growing as to how much bleeding you'll get . Xx

So, I think I completed miscarriage naturally at home and later on was advised to go to hospital. I was still bleeding heavily and passing hugs clots when I came to hospital and then it became slow.

Then the doctor put something inside me, and said it was to check cervix and to see if anything else remained. She took maybe some sample? or was it d and c? I am not sure.

They did not mention this to me or on papers, so I assume they didnt do d&c. It was only an internal examination?

I dont understand why they did not do ultrasound to see if all is clear? They have asked me to do urine pregnancy test in three weeks and if positive then they will do scan again.

I am so so sorry. :hugs:

Could she haven done a transvaginal ultrasound? That would make sense if she wanted to see if anything was left. Cervix being open doesnt mean it's all out.

i am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

to answer your question, you didn't have the d&c done. d&c is a full surgery and you get a full anaesthesia for it, they knock you out completely (at least in my case) and then they open/dilate your cervix and scrape the uterus walls and aspirate it all up. you bleed thin blood for some days afterwards, to me it took almost 10 days for the bleeding to stop and no doctor can go through with it without your prior consent and the whole talk with the anesthesiologist and such.

MCs suck. it was among the hardest things that ever happened to me.

d&c is a full surgery and you get a full anaesthesia for it, they knock you out completely (at least in my case) and then they open/dilate your cervix and scrape the uterus walls and aspirate it all up.

Definitely not in all cases! The women's clinic here sedates, but doesn't anesthetize. The hospital does. I received neither for mine. It really depends on the facility. But there's no mistaking what's going on if you're doing it awake and aware. :cry:

!!! it is horrible to be awake and aware during the whole thing!! i'm not in UK so perhaps that makes the difference too.

Sorry you had to go through this :( and I'm also sorry that things don't seem to have been explained very well to you that you are left confused

!!! it is horrible to be awake and aware during the whole thing!! i'm not in UK so perhaps that makes the difference too.

Yeah, it is. I'm not in the UK, either, though! :shrug:

I am not sure if D&C was performed, but looks like not. I had passed most clots, blood mostly at home before being admitted to hospital. I was checked by doctor to see if anything remaining. She inserted something, I could not look. I assume it was for internal examination. It was I'd say about 5 minutes or less.
She told me most tissue has passed and I should expect lesser bleeding.

That sounds to me like she probably just did a transvaginal ultrasound. You'd definitely know if it was a D&C. I'm assuming she just popped the TVU in, took a look, decided you were fine, and sent you on your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->