Nightmare! Looks like I am miscarrying :( TMI UPDATE

Most of the time when a woman miscarries they will try to allow the body to complete the process naturally. They advise you to come back if clots are bigger than the size of a golf ball indicating an incomplete miscarriage. Most of the time, before they do that though, they do an internal exam involving a speculum to view the cervix and assess if "any products of conception" :( are left behind.

It was not a D&C. As previous posters have replied, this a procedure that requires some form of sedation or in my case anesthesia ( they knocked me OUT). There are people coming in (supposed to) explain the risks and get informed consent.

You would KNOW if it was a D&C. Sad, but true.

It sounds like you miscarried naturally. You will bleed lightly after the brunt of it all, for a while. Sometimes up to 2 weeks. In very sorry for your loss. Hugs...

Thanks everyone for your replies and hugs.

rosegarden620, after 5 hours of heavy bleeding and passing clots mostly at home and then last hour in hospital, I remember they did put speculum to examin cervix. It was all too quick - less than 5 minutes. After that they gave me a bed to rest/sleep/wait. I could walk absolutely fine. I was released in couple of hours after that.

And I did not have any painkiller or anesthesia or sedatives or any pills. So looks like it might be natural miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->