Nightmares

ashleynd

Reaction score
Before I got pregnant I had weird dreams. In fact, I've had nightmares my whole life. It seems since I got pregnant my dreams and nightmares have gotten worse and weirder. I will admit that I have been a little stressed, but I don't know what to do to make this any better. I'm starting prenatal yoga in a week to help with the stress and I've been trying to meditate or listen to soft music, but nothing makes the dreams go away. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do?

Totally normal :thumbup: another lovely symptom!! Xx

Awesome! Guess it could be worse! It doesn't help that my bf's job keeps him away for weeks at a time! Maybe it'll get better once I get my stress under control.

In glad someone was able to tell you it was normal! I had no clue but didn't want read and run.

I don't know how to fix it, or if it even can be fixed, but I agree weird dreams are totally normal. Mine have gotten weird, too, though thankfully they're still not frequent.

It takes some practice, but I used to have some particularly bad nightmares as a kid and I actually developed a reflex in my mid-late teens to wake myself up when it was starting to look bad or predicted it would turn out bad. I've only had one bad nightmare in the last 10 years as a result. That said - I have not had the weird pregnancy dreams I keep hearing about - at least not yet. That may be the test!

I'm with you Ashley... I've always had nightmares or just outright weird dreams my whole life, before pregnancy. In the last few days they have seemed to become a bit weirder and MUCH more vivid. This should be interesting!

Yes I have definitely had some bizarre dreams/nightmares since becoming pregnant!! I will mostly wake up scared or sad but I will literally be able to remember every detail of the dream and they feel so real!

I'm the complete opposite! Before I got pregnant I had nightmares on a daily basis, and they've turned from nightmares to sex dreams since 3 weeks. Not complaining though :). I don't think there's much you can do about it. Relaxing at night with a cup of hot tea to take my mind off the inevitable seemed to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->