nipping!

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
Lo keeps nipping my boobs while feeding. I've got to 9 months and I'm proud if this. I intend to take him to a year, however I'm starting to struggle especially with this latest thing. He already lifts my top while feeding or pulls it down to reveal my boob. Now he's nipping me. If I try to stop him he gets really stroppy and starts crying. I have do many scratch marks on my chest and neck because of this. Tips?

My LO started doing this recently too, but he's normally quite happy for me to distract him by gently holding his hand and playing with his fingers.

Have you heard of nursing beads? I came across them while looking at Amber teething necklaces online a few weeks ago. It's basically a necklace that you wear that baby can twiddle with while he feeds. When I saw them I thought they looked a bit pointless but actually I wonder if they would help with your issue as to me it sounds like he wants something for his hands to play with while he's feeding? I don't suppose you need to actually buy the proper nursing beads, I bet any old necklace or scarf with tassels would do. :thumbup:

Ooh I like this idea! I hope it works as its starting to get really sore and to the point where I don't want to nurse him. Then I feel guilty.

Worth a try :) it's awful isn't it? I'm having the same problem with biting at the minute. He gets to the end of a feed and he just can't help himself and has a little nibble :dohh: it really does put you off wanting to BF. It certainly does nothing for my slow let down when i spend every feed worrying that he might bite me any second :(

Yep we've had the biting too. It became a game for him. It was so sore. The only thing that kept me going was my refusal to buy formula!
Another one is side feeding laid on the bed, he will dig his toes into whatever soft flesh they come across, usually my cs scar!!!

Yep we've had the biting too. It became a game for him. It was so sore. The only thing that kept me going was my refusal to buy formula!
Another one is side feeding laid on the bed, he will dig his toes into whatever soft flesh they come across, usually my cs scar!!!

My son does the toe digging thing too!! Ugh. Drives me crazy! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->