Nipple shields...

lou_w34

mummy <3
Reaction score
I was advised to try them so i brought some today, and if anything they made it feel so much worse!!

Is there a special trick to make them work?

When i put them on, my nipple didnt even go to the end of the shield, so when she sucked, it pulled my nipple forward really hard. Do they come in diff sizes?

Im getting desperate now :cry: Im trying to get her to latch on properly, but she literally wont open her mouth wide enough, even my mums tried to help me, nothing works, Im seeing my midwife on tuesday, but i have no idea if i can wait that long :nope:

don't think theres any trick to them. when i've used them, my nipple didnt go to the end, but it didnt hurt either. dont think they come in different sizes. try calling a breastfeeding support line for help. or you should be able to call your midwife out of hours. keep trying to get help. i hope it works out for you :hugs:

Did you buy the Medela ones in the end? Medela's come in small, medium and large.

Your nipple won't reach the end of the shield teat but should fit the teat width wise with a small gap around the edge of the nipple. When I first put mine on my first thought was:

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/dinoloblahnik/MadonnaCone.jpg

:haha:

You will still get some pain to begin with as your nipples are most likely sore and cracked but it really shouldn't be worse :(

Depends on the type I think. I bought the Avent ones which were brilliant, but I also had the mothercare ones which she sucked right off!

My nipple never went anywhere near the end of it, but with the Avent ones they are thick enough for her to get a good grip but flexible enough for her to put them into the position she needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->