nipple tricks?

ab2401

Reaction score
any one got any ideas as to how to keep your nipples from feeling like they have been tossed in a meat grinder?

Hi

Are your nipples sore continuously or just when your baby is feeding?

I find Lasinoh cream fanastic, it's pure lanolin and heals sore skin really quickly.

If your nipples are cracked or sore from a bad latch (I had this awfully bad with my DD) have you considered using nipple shields for a day to let you heal?

well I'm pumping.... so they are just continuously sore. It makes it hard to hold her because they hurt so bad. On top of that I now can't get one of my nipple rings out so I'm kinda at the point where I can no longer BF/pump. Which kinda makes me feel like a failure because shes only 3 weeks old.

That cream Lucy recommended is really good.

I BF and pumped and found that the pumping was harder on me than the babies. I just wondered if you'd considered BF instead or if there was a particular reason why not?

Hold a warm wash cloth over your boobs before feeding pumping as this helps to let the milk down.
Manually express a few drops of milk and rub that into the nipples and aerolas before feeding/pumping as it nourishes the skin as well as baby!
Rub a small amount of vaseline into the nipple and aerola after each feed/pumping.

Your not a failure, some things just take a little more practise, 3 weeks isn't much time to learn a new skill.

Just a thought but is your pump too hard? Are you pumping too long?

Hi

Are your nipples sore continuously or just when your baby is feeding?

I find Lasinoh cream fanastic, it's pure lanolin and heals sore skin really quickly.

If your nipples are cracked or sore from a bad latch (I had this awfully bad with my DD) have you considered using nipple shields for a day to let you heal?

I just got this stuff lastnight and omg do they ever make a difference. It really helps soothe them after a feeding. I love the fact you can leave it on while the baby nurses too.

Have a question though, is it normal for the nipples to hurt at first suckle? because my nipples are sore when she first starts to nurse and then it doesn't hurt at all, I hope I'm latching her on correctly? I don't want cracked nipples, they sound really painful :hissy:

Yeah I think so. I found the first few seconds while the milk lets down was a bit uncomfortable and then it felt like a bit of a relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->