Nipples hurting but not cracked or bleeding?

jess try buying some Acidophilus and see if it helps you. If it does it could be that you have thrush too. :hugs:

I'll try anything, otherwise I'm going to have to give up :(:( It's getting me down, and I don't want to feel crap all the time, I want to enjoy my new baby!!

I've been bfing for 5 1/2 weeks now and the pain isn't getting better! I've been to lactation consultants and they've said that his latch is ok. I do have somewhat cracked nipples, I'm allergic to wool so I've had to use lanolin free creams- maybe these don't work as well?

My pain definitely hurts in the beginning of the feed, but then it hurts for quite a while after too. When I'm at home I sit around topless because it hurts too much to have anything touching my nipples. At first hubby enjoyed it, but now it's just weird:haha:

I'm expressing milk too so that when the pain gets to be too much I can do a shorter feed and top him off with breastmilk. I'm determined not to give up, but I don't know how much longer I can keep this up- especially when I have to start going out more and wearing a bra regularly again.:haha:

Any suggestions, advice is greatly appreciated!!

Dang, I'll have to get the doctor to call in the prescription again and get Daniel started on it.

Jess - don't know if you have thrush.. its very frustrating to get it diagnosed since its all a guessing game when its mild it seems. If your LO has white patches in their mouth then its probably thrush, but mine doesn't have those :shrug:
Things are really getting better.. I had him latching on for every feed and taking most of his meal from the breast. Of course now with the pain I'm just pumping and probably losing all the progress I made :dohh: :haha:

Soph22 someone somewhere mentioned reusable bamboo breast pads are really good - might be worth a google. :flower:

jess I think it was around the 3 month mark that I actually began to feel like I was enjoying my baby. I think it was down to being able to interact with him more and not just being a milk machine. Hang in there, you're doing fab :hugs:

lisa it's great that you're doing so well despite the thrush! try the odd feed on the boob though just to make sure that your lo remembers what to do :)

lol, I keep planning on doing a boobie feed but keep chickening out :haha:

oh I know how that feels! Just bite the bullet, you might be surprised and have a really good feed! :thumbup:

Our babies are very lucky to have such dedicated mummies! She doesn't have any white patches in her mouth, but she's had very wet poos, some with green bits recently, I just thought it was due to the cluster feeding. She does now have a sore bum, with white patches on there. Could that be an indicator of thrush?

that's one symptom of thrush yes. I'd go to the docs asap :hugs:

Nervous 1 - will it be a big deal that my LO doesn't start his medicine until tomorrow? He'll be a few days behind me... I have another dose of the Diflucan to take if I need it
Just not sure what to do.
And do I just wipe the Nystatin (sp?) stuff in his mouth even though it looks clear/healthy? The nurse told me not to use it until there were patches to treat :shrug:

oh.. and I chicked out again, lol! But we also had a bottle filled up with a full feed and I would have been wasting that if I breastfed too :haha: Thats my excuse :) I'll try to be braver on the next feed!

it's not a big deal, but the sooner the better :) I'd take your second course too to make sure that you are both clear.

When my LO had nystan it came in a bottle with a dropper, but he also hade miconazole which was a gel we wiped around the inside of his mouth after a feed. Even if you can't see anything yet chances are he has it, and the nystan will help to fight it before it gets to the painful patchy stage. If it gets to that point LO will find it very difficult to feed properly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"