No 12 week scan for me *UPDATED*

MrsO29

Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs
Reaction score
After saying how great my midwife was, I now HATE her.

As some of you know after 2 previous m/cs, I was offered a 8 and 10 week scan to ensure everything was going ok.

At the 10 week one the sonographer assured me I would still get a 12 week scan, so as its soon I phoned up to say I still hadn't got an appointment.

I was informed my midwife had said there was no need for me to have one so my next appointment will be in 5 weeks with the midwife.

I am so angry I am crying and everything.
I would rather not have had a 10 week scan. I was waiting until my 3 month scan to tell people, but now I am going to have to wait until my 20 week scan. Lots of baggy jumpers for me then.

I have not spoken to her yet she is going to call back, but to be honest I dont even want to. I really might start swearing at her. I don't really even see the point in going to any of my appointments until I get a 20 week scan and see everything is ok.

I don't think I have ever been so angry and sad in my life.
What a let down.
Roll on 6th June so I can see if my baby is ok or not.

******UPDATE******

I take it back, my midwife still rules!!
She can't believe they are blaming her, said it's nothing to with her.
She has phoned the EPAU for me and they are giving me a 13 week scan.
PHEW:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I just feel that as well as reassurance, it's part of the ritual.
You go and see the Consultant, get your scan and then you can go and tell the world you are pg!!
It's a week on Friday.....can't wait :)

(Wow I got really overly emotional about that. Those hormones are really kicking in hehehe)

Oh no am sorry tp heat that,its not good if you were assured you would get a 12 weeks scan i would talk to her and explain your fears. hugs xx

Aggghhh, sometimes its so infuriating!

Maybe speak to your midwife and ask her if you can have the 12 week scan. Tell her how upset and worried you are and maybe she can sort something out for you. Especially as she initially said you would get one.
Sorry I can't be more help x

I had a mmc last year, I had an early scan this time at 9 weeks; and now have to wait until 19 weeks until my next scan. I took it as reassuring that I saw the heart beat in the last scan. Since then I've had a horrid time with blood pressure, ecezma and morning sickness.

I know it's frustrating but try to take reassurance from the other signs, it's helped me...

They were going to do that to me but because of the way everything was booked, there wasn't much time for anyone to cancel.

I was warned that because i had one taken at ten weeks, that would be my dating scan, and at the next scan i may have been refused.

I wasn't refused, and just as well, as they dated baby a bit bigger than they said at ten weeks.

I would really push for it!

Glad you will still get one hun, that's what I'm worrying about to be honest!!! had one a 8+1 and now worried they won't give me another

wow.....glad i read your update before replying! i would have been hopping mad too.....

not long to go now though....really pleased for you! :wohoo:

im so glad u have got it sorted now xxxxxxxx

I had one at 9 weeks (didnt no when my LMP was) and then didnt get another until I was 20 weeks :( I was gutted. Glad they are giving you another one, I was just glad that I had my own doppler, maybe if I hadn't I wod hav put up more of a fuss. xxxx

:happydance: there's alot to be said for healthcare in Scotland! no postcode lotteries like we have down south.

Yeah I really can't complain.
Apart from this one little blip, my care has been superb.
I actually think the snotty EPU receptionist was the reason I got so upset.
And blaming my poor midwife too, who had no clue what was happening!
Cheeky.

There is always one person who has to be a cow and spoil everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->