No 12 week scan?

Powell130

Reaction score
I know not all doctors do it but I had it done with my son plus several other early scans done. How do you keep from going crazy until the 20 week scan? Other than getting a private scan, which we will be doing.

I didn't have one with my 1st two babies just dating scan and the 20 week scan. There's no way i could wait that long now lol

They use to just do them but they asked if I wanted the testing done (genetic testing?) And I knew that included ultrasound so I did it. I think it's a rather important ultrasound so I don't understand why they don't just do them:shrug:

What country are you in?

It says Rougemont NC = City of Rougemont, State of North Carolina, US ? :shrug:

My doctor does a small 12 week scan but just to confirm the heartbeat is there pretty much. But the regulations say the next big scan is between 18-21 weeks.
Doctors can chose to do small Ultrasounds or not here. Maybe you can find another who is willing to do a small check up for free.

oh I see. In the UK you have the right to a scan at 8-14 weeks (usually around 13 weeks) and again between 18-21 weeks. I would def want a scan around 3 months.

In this pregnancy, I've had the least amount of scans! One at 7 weeks, and one yesterday at 20+1, and I won't have another unless the need a growth scan or something. I think every office is different in what they do, but because most offices use the Doppler at 12 weeks, they don't see the point in doing that ultrasound too

Are you having any genetic testing done like for Downs? That has to be done in week 11-13, if you are not having it then no sono is needed. I am not having the genetic testing done, but my doc office has decided as of 2014 that all expecting mothers will have a 12 week sono for dating, measuring and overall health check. I have mine tomorrow....

It's driving me mad enough waiting till 12 week scan!! With out first two we booked in earlier scans like 8/9 weeks. Then 12 week scan. Then 16 week scan. Then 20 week scan

This time were only going for 12 week and 20 week and not finding out gender!

Are you having any genetic testing done like for Downs? That has to be done in week 11-13, if you are not having it then no sono is needed. I am not having the genetic testing done, but my doc office has decided as of 2014 that all expecting mothers will have a 12 week sono for dating, measuring and overall health check. I have mine tomorrow....

I would like to have it but not sure if I have the option?! Im going to look into switching docs when I get my approval letter for insurance.

I would like to have it but not sure if I have the option?! Im going to look into switching docs when I get my approval letter for insurance.

I would look into it, you would need that sono during that time before 13 weeks along with the bloodwork... I would call your doctor now an ask, request the nuchal fold testing. Its your right as a parent and I see you are in NC, my SIL lives there and she had the testing at 12 weeks. Good luck!

I skipped the 12 week scan with my first and opted to skip it again this time. I don't really want the results, which aren't accurate anyway, just a % of increased risk of whatever. I did get an independent scan with my first around 12 weeks. I wanted a 12 week picture for the announce to my parents. I may try to schedule an independent scan when I'm visiting my parents and invite my mom. She'd enjoy that. Otherwise I'm waiting until the 20 week anatomy scan. I think I get extras though this time to check twin growth. And my new ob may do quick scans to check heartbeats. At least they did during my first visit. :shrug:

I skipped the 12 week scan with my first and opted to skip it again this time. I don't really want the results, which aren't accurate anyway, just a % of increased risk of whatever. I did get an independent scan with my first around 12 weeks. I wanted a 12 week picture for the announce to my parents. I may try to schedule an independent scan when I'm visiting my parents and invite my mom. She'd enjoy that. Otherwise I'm waiting until the 20 week anatomy scan. I think I get extras though this time to check twin growth. And my new ob may do quick scans to check heartbeats. At least they did during my first visit. :shrug:

I want the testing because I want the ultrasound for a pic for my announcement lol main reason I want it. I havent had an US yet this pregnancy and with our son the 12 week was the 5th one I had so I feel like I've already missed out on a lot this pregnancy so far not being able to see the baby grow from a blob to a jelly bean to a tiny little babh with legs and arms :( I've already contacted another OB in town (live in a smalllll town so there's only a few) but this one specializes in high risk pregnancies, which I was with our son so I think I would like that better incase I get the diagnoses again anyways. Hoping they'll also take me under Self Pay until I hear back from insurance, the lady said it could take up to 45 days! :coffee:

I haven't had any scans yet. Probably won't until 20 week scan. They did use the doppler at my first appt, like at 9.5 weeks to hear the heartbeat.

They didn't even try a doppler yesterday at my first appt :( just took blood

Switched OB's this morning! Now I'm getting the 12 week testing and US! My first visit is Tuesday at 10AM and they'll schedule the US then, I'm shooting for next Friday since she said they can usually get you in in a few days :) I'm so happy now as we were going to pay for a private one just to see baby but now we get the US and it'll be an OB doing it, not just for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->