No 12 weeks scan?

I was not offered a 12 week scan either. I had one at 6 weeks due to spotting issues and was told my "level 2" ultrasound would be at 18 weeks and not 20 because of my age.

Medicaid doesn't want to pay for anything extra so if its not deemed "medically necessary" they don't want to pay for it.

I believe you only get one per trimester so if u had an early one that's why u don't get a 12

You mentioned you have had pain recently? If you say you have pain and or bleeding they will get you in for a scan because as previously mentioned there must be a medical diagnosis to warrant an additional scan. Pain may not even get you seen they may require spotting or such to code it to be covered by Medicaid (can't recall been out of medical field for a year now). Good luck and hope your able to get your 12 week scan...I'd go crazy waiting that long.

Im on Medicaid (free Healthcare) so i dont know.. i have a appt in 2 weeks so i will ask then if i can get the scan to be on the safe side. I will love my baby either way but just wanna know what going on if anything is going on

I was on Medicaid w/ DD1 and they said they wouldn't cover it. We had secondary insurance w/ my husbands work so we did end up getting it, just had to pay the co-pay to them b/c Medicaid didn't cover it

Im in the US and i was just informed that i will not have a 12 week scan to check for downs or other possible problems. and its kinda annoying me :/ I want to have that scan but my dr said i wont have another till 20 weeks( gender U/S) has anyone else went through this?? what did you do?

Hi,

I am in the US and have had two scans. One at 6 weeks and then another at 9 weeks. I booked one for 12 weeks but then yesterday the receptionist called me and said I can have the appointment but I prob wont get a scan until 20 weeks.

I am almost positive that my dr wouldnt not scan me since the machine will be sat next to us as she checks me over. I have had two miscarriages the last one being in march which is why I have had two scans already. I will be so dissapointed if she doesnt scan me. Could this be linked to insurance. We are on a really good package with United which my husbands company pays for. Do you think its possible I wouldnt be covered for another scan until 20 weeks? I have no idea how it works over here, I am from the UK and been here for a year,

thanks

if ur young and have no history of mc or anything else and especially on Medicaid they usually will only give you a scan at twenty weeks..also even if u pay for insurance its all about what they are willing to pay for as well as your paying less then u would if u went so unless there is a real problem or high risk they feel there is no reason

Treetops, the best thing to do is call your insurance company and ask them. Even if they don't do the scan, your doctor or midwife may do a doppler... Which for me, as I didn't have a 12 week scan and have had 2 miscarriages, was just as rewarding. That heartbeat is the most beautiful sound you'll hear :cloud9:

I do want it just in case something is wrong but i really wanna see my baby again as i have been having cramping problems :( i think i might have a cyst that has popped but no bleeding

cramping cysts and popped cysts are ok to have and actually come with pregnancy...most people dont relies it though..

its all very common in the first trimester hun :hugs:

for 12 weeks u can ask for them to use doppler ;)

I had a lil bit of spotting yesterday but it stopped within a hour so i plan on calling them 1st thing 2moro morning.. & I am getting my doppler for christmas lol i talked my mom into buying me one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->