No appointments/scan until 14+5?!

tazgirl

1 boy, 1 girl, blessed :)
Reaction score
Finally got my appt letter today for booking in appointment with midwife and first scan and it's not until 27th April by which time I will be almost 15 weeks!! I was so cross! Anyone else having to wait that long?

Having had spotting almost every day since 5+5, I really need to know everything is ok, not to mention we didn't want to tell anyone until we knew everything was ok

Oh no I'm waiting for mine still I feel bad for U as I'm panicking loads just wanna see baby is ok I would hate to have to wait that long would make me really cross can't u see if they can make it any earlier as you have had spotting .. ?? Happy second birthday to your little one lol (your ticker ) my lg will be two soon xxx

That's quite late... you might even be feeling baby before you see it.

Are you able to get a private scan perhaps?

Yes I would go see a doctor before then, that's too long to wait. I've already seen my gp a couple times, had a scan, and have my apt at my mat clinic booked for when I will be 8 weeks.

I would see your doctor first, that's what I had to do. there was no appointments with the midwife till I was 12 weeks which I was quite miffed about so I saw my GP at 8 weeks instead .

I thought you needed your scan between 11 and 13 weeks, I'd be ringing your midwife up and getting them to fit you in somehow!

Yeah that is too late for NT screening if you're wanting that. I'd see the gp first off but if they really can't get you in sooner then I'd see about private. It's not as expensive as I feared.

I had a booking in appt at 10 weeks and my scan date came through for 13+4. I'm 35 and didn't want to risk missing the 14 week NT measurement cut of point, so I rang the ultrasound dept at the hospital and said as such and they brought my appt forward to 12+2. Phone the hospital ultrasound dept and explain your dates mean you will be too late for the NT measurement, hopefully they will move it for you.

Phone the Ultrasound department as it sounds like they may have not worked out your dates correctly - this is definitely too late for the NT scan. I had to phone on Wed as I hadn't had my appointment through. I just found the number on my local hospital website.

Thanks for all the replies :flower:

I'm just super annoyed. I went to my GP at 8 weeks to get the process started because u can't book straight in with the midwife here but she just took my details as in when my last period was and how many kids I have had and said she would refer me. I wasn't expecting to have to wait this long though! With my first, I was around 12 weeks and with my second I was about 10 and a half weeks. I think it's ridiculous that I will be in my 2nd tri before being seen. I'm wondering if the GP has written that my LMP was 14th feb instead of 14th jan, tho I clearly told her it was January! It's prob just all the rubbish cut-backs! :growlmad:

I have booked a private scan for next weekend as I just need to know if the pregnancy is progressing normally or not and I cant/wont wait until the end of next month to find out! I know the cut-off for the NT is before 14+5 but I'm not sure if that is offered in my area anyway and I have never had Downs screening before so isn't a factor for me

Depending on where you are i heard the Ulster was struggling with appointments and some people are having to go to Downpatrick. I seem to be one of the lucky ones i'll be just over 11 weeks for mine.

Nt scan is between 11-13! Why would they do that! I would be upset as well. Maybe you should change midwives/doctors if there not willing to move you up.

Update!

Had my private scan on sunday and its TWINS!

Was expecting the worst so to see two little babies wriggling about was overwhelming to say the least! Definitely going to have my NHS appts moved up now, am going to ring them tomorrow :cloud9:

Wow congrats. I had my scan at 13+4 with ds and I had the neucal screening but I do think they're supposed to do it before 14 weeks.

Oh wow twins :) congratulations. My midwife told me that I could ring the hospital direct if the scan date was not ok. My husband goes away lots so I need a date when he is home x

WOW!
congrats on the twins:)
i know what you mean about going into ultrasound expecting the worst!
I'm so glad that everything is okay.
My first scan was supposed to be at 13 weeks but there was a mid freak out moment so I just had a scan yesterday. But I would still recommend seeing a GP until your scan. MY GP wants me to see her every 4 weeks.

Wowsers!! Congrats on the twins. So glad you are ok. I'm just waiting for my scan date but unlike everyone else in not too fussed if it is a bit later. I am not having the NT done and with being larger, the later it is the better the picture for me.
Did you have any idea you may be having twins?
I'm only asking because I have suspicions that I may be carrying more than one little person. I'm only 7 weeks but my tummy feels huge already, I have really bad nausea which I have never had before (this is baby #7) and just found out my iron is low already which I unusually early for me!

Wowsers!! Congrats on the twins. So glad you are ok. I'm just waiting for my scan date but unlike everyone else in not too fussed if it is a bit later. I am not having the NT done and with being larger, the later it is the better the picture for me.
Did you have any idea you may be having twins?
I'm only asking because I have suspicions that I may be carrying more than one little person. I'm only 7 weeks but my tummy feels huge already, I have really bad nausea which I have never had before (this is baby #7) and just found out my iron is low already which I unusually early for me!

Thanks!
No, no major inkling of twins, the only thing was being really tired in the early weeks though even that is easing now. My tummy is definitely starting to grow now but that's only over the last week. I was much sicker with my singleton daughter than this time, I mean I have felt nauseous a lot and been sick a few times but nothing remarkable. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->