No appointments/scan until 14+5?!

Wow, great news ...bet you couldn't believe it!!

Update!

Had my private scan on sunday and its TWINS!

Was expecting the worst so to see two little babies wriggling about was overwhelming to say the least! Definitely going to have my NHS appts moved up now, am going to ring them tomorrow :cloud9:

Wow, congratulations!!! How exciting!

I'm in the same boat. I have had 4 scans at early pregnancy unit so far (due to 2 previous miscarriages an an ectopic) my last scan was at 10+1 and I'm 12 weeks today. My pre booking appointment with midwife is 7/4 and my booking is 14/4 so I will be 12+6 and 13+6 at my appointments, they won't book me for a scan until my booking appointment and even then I need to wait for a scan date to come through by post which won't be sent until the second appointment! In other words, I'm not getting an NHS NT scan despite my history and the fact that they do them in my area. I'm fuming!

I understand that you nee to be seen by a midwife before you are referred for a scan for dating purposes and to check you are still pregnant etc but I have had dates confirmed, I have had viability confirmed by scan etc.

I am going to phone again to see if they can do anything for me.

I'm in the same boat. I have had 4 scans at early pregnancy unit so far (due to 2 previous miscarriages an an ectopic) my last scan was at 10+1 and I'm 12 weeks today. My pre booking appointment with midwife is 7/4 and my booking is 14/4 so I will be 12+6 and 13+6 at my appointments, they won't book me for a scan until my booking appointment and even then I need to wait for a scan date to come through by post which won't be sent until the second appointment! In other words, I'm not getting an NHS NT scan despite my history and the fact that they do them in my area. I'm fuming!

I understand that you nee to be seen by a midwife before you are referred for a scan for dating purposes and to check you are still pregnant etc but I have had dates confirmed, I have had viability confirmed by scan etc.

I am going to phone again to see if they can do anything for me.

Hope u can get seen sooner, it's crazy they can't see everyone in the right time frame

I was never even told there was a cut of for NUtual fold scan. I had a new patient apointment a couple days before AF was due at the time so I told the nurse i was TTC and felt preg and she sent sample off, saw GP at 6 weeks, MW at 10 weeks and had first scan at 14+5 weeks. Then to find out it was twins. Wondering how many are in there this time and wondering if it's worth going for an early private scan. Not sure if i would actually want to know before 12 weeks thou because i will worry more if it's multiples again, feel more safe after hitting 12 weeks.

AWWWW congrats

I'm so glad everything turned out to be okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->