No BD before HSG? Advice please!

dojenstein

Reaction score
I'm getting my first HSG on Friday. My fertility doc, who I affectionately call Dr. Frozen Turkey, since he has the bedside manner of one, basically handed me a packet of info and told me to call his office to order my HSG. My wah? Well I read the packet over and over and thanks to my forum friends and Google feel ready for the test.

But I'm getting the test on CD10, which is smack dab in the middle of my fertile window. I should O like 2 days after. And I just read somewhere that you're not supposed to BD before the test? I guess that makes sense if it flushes out any sperm. But I was planning to BD before and right after the HSG. Anyone have any insights or info. I would call the doc but afraid he'll just refer me to another packet.

Thanks!

Hey I perform HSGs...if you BD then its likely to be canceled. Also any viable sperm is going to be flushed out anyways during the HSG so BDing before your HSG wont matter. The reason you cant BD before because if you happen to ovulate early obviously a pg test cant pick it up and the HSG would cause a miscarriage. Even though its unlikely that you would be pregnant. So have it done on CD 10 and BD that night for sure then however you would during the fertile times.

I would BD the night after the HSG ( if your not too sore ) and BD till your confirmed ovulation. Good luck!.

Thank you so much for the advice ladies. It makes total sense not to BD before the test. I just hope I don't O before it. I'm planning to BD that night and the next (which is my hopeful O day).

Thanks again and wish us luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->