No birth partner?

LostandFound

Reaction score
So i'm 39 weeks and, since we recently moved, don't really have a birth partner. I just have my OH but we also have another little one to take care of. If baby come while he's at pre-school then fine, but we might not have any help if it's at night time. What do we do? If the birth is normal i don't mind pushing alone with the midwife, but what happens if things get complicated? Just wondering what will happen to my older child? I'm not sure what I should be doing to solve this as I just don't have any family or close friends in our new home town.

I'm in the same boat. Both sets of grandparents live elsewhere in the country and we have a 3 year old to take care of. We do have lots of friends where we live but a lot don't have children so I would be a bit reluctant to have them take care of DS. Plus they work. One friend with children has offered to take him but I'm assuming this is based on daytime. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking people to have him in the middle of the night, so we're just going to hope for the best that it happens in the day (ideally on a nursery day!). A weekend would also be good as my parents could make the 2 hour trip. Hopefully baby will co-operate but there is a good chance i won't have a birth partner for some of it at least.

Same boat here too! I went into hospital with my friend and once I was in established labour she left to go home to be with her 6week old. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, was an hour labour with only paracetamol as pain relief, no stitches after two EMCS. You'll be fine. I'm going alone again this time too, only difference is I have asked for student midwives to be there to hold my hand and talk to. This could also be an option for you?!?

Really glad to hear such positive stories here. My hospital midwives have amazing reviews/feedback so i think asking a student midwife might be a good idea. A shame for OH to miss the birth but he didn't do that much last time anyway.

When is the point that OH and little one can come in? After the placenta? Or after i shower etc? I know i get an hour skin-to-skin. Just don't want to traumatise little one with too much blood.

Really glad to hear such positive stories here. My hospital midwives have amazing reviews/feedback so i think asking a student midwife might be a good idea. A shame for OH to miss the birth but he didn't do that much last time anyway.

When is the point that OH and little one can come in? After the placenta? Or after i shower etc? I know i get an hour skin-to-skin. Just don't want to traumatise little one with too much blood.

my husband usually doesn't visit me, so he can help by looking after the kids and then carry everything with my dad to the house from the car. last time my dads secretary drove my dads car and parked up in the maternity car park. i had the privilege of carrying the carseat for once! i was so chuffed that i had given birth naturally! :cloud9:
before we had any children my husband visited me once i had had a nap after my shower, but he sat holding our daughter whilst i did so.
in your case i would suggest that you call him once you're getting into the shower so that her turns up once you're dried off and all cleaned up.
there isn't THAT much blood. especially with second births, you're already torn up from your first LOL :blush:

Il be on my own my husband works in the uk. He will hopefully be there that night when she's born. My son is going to be with my family and I'm not really comfortable with family there with me. Il notify everyone when she's born and my sisters/inlaws will come in when she's born. I'm doing gentlebirth atm and I'm finding its getting me in a good space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->