No Fetus in the sac lease help!

ets722

Reaction score
The doctor told me I was 6 weeks pregnant. I found out on Jan. 11 of this year that I am pregnant. The Friday on the same week I spotted. That week, I was supposed to get my period and the spotting was just little and it was pinkish brown. On Sunday I spotted again, so my husband and I went to the ER. Which I thought was a mistake because I have been worried and stressed out. They said my hCg levels was in the 1700s and didn't see anything inside. Tuesday they checked my levels again and it was in the 1500s. The next day I went to see the doctor it was the same thing. But they checked my blood again Thursday and the results was 2940s. SO we didn't go back until Monday. They did anothe ultrasound and they saw the sac and there was something forming and again, they tested my levels. Yesterday, Wednesday, they did an ultrasound and it still look the same and the levels they took from me on Monday was only 3250s. The doctor told me that their going to suck my baby out of me because it wasn't a normal pregnancy. I was confused because I didn't feel pain and I felt okay, though, I was still spotting real brown stuff, but only when I carry my 2 year old son. I told him I didn't want to do it and that I would like to wait until Monday. But he really wanted me to go through that suction thing. After reading forums after forums, I see that I should seek another opinion. But I am so scared and I am confused. I believe my baby is in me but at the same time, I am thinking that I might just be crazy and won't accept the truth. What should I do? Please, I need advice.

i'm sorry hunny, i didn't want to read and run but i'm not sure of what to say. i have read plenty of stories about women who went in for an early scan and didn't see anything and then went back a few days later and saw a baby with a heartbeat! i pray that everything goes well for you!

xx

Oh hon, this must be awful for you. Only you can decide what's best, but I know that it's common NOT to see an embryo yet at 6 weeks - and are you sure you're that far gone? I had a scan at 6+5 and saw a sac and embryo - but only just and my midwife was very surprised they'd seen a heartbeat so early. That extra 5 days can make all the difference, and every baby develops at a different rate. If you haven't had really bad pains and bleeding I would probably hold off deciding for now and see how it goes over the next two weeks?
Don't let yourself feel pressured into doing anything you're not comfortable with - it's your body.
My thoughts are with you, it's a horrible time xx

You're still very early -- you said 6 weeks, right? If nature means for you to miscarry, your body will do it naturally at this point, no "sucking" needed. If you're not comfortable with the procedure, don't do it. You don't want to regret something like that.

Besides, if you read the forums there are lots of ladies on here who were recommended D&C's only to go on and have a heartbeat at a later ultrasound.

also, it's common to have spotting when your period would have been due. Could be implantation bleeding too. Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

I definitely wouldn't have the d&c yet babe,there's so many stories on hear where nothing was seen until after 7-8 wks,doctors can b very black and white and do sometimes get it wrong,I would give it 2 weeks and then if nothing as changed then there's nothing u could do Hun.good luck and I hope everything turns out ok xx

Nothign showed in my sac until after 7 weeks!! I was told they were sorry and on and on!! But guess what there is a baby in there now!! And My levels were slow rising also!! Stay Positive!! I know how hard it is, I went 4 WEEKS not knowing what was going to happen!! Good luck!

Thank you to all who replied. I am just going crazy. I wish I didn't go to the ER because it wasn't a bad bleeding it was just very little. But what about the hcg levels? because I am confused. I do believe in miracles. And if it doesn't go that way, I will still do.

As far as I've read, HcG levels can be an unreliable way to determine a viable pregnancy. If you can bear it, sit tight and do something to take your mind off babies for a couple of weeks - then see what a scan shows up. If your period was due mid january, you must only just be 6 weeks, possibly even towards the end of 5 - in which case a scan would be very unreliable as well.
I know it's a horrendously worrying time - I can't believe there isn't more support for this trimester, it seems the med profs just wait to see if it's 'viable' before they get overly involved.... Have you seen a GP (or the american equivalent)? xx

Hang on in there, it's early days, hope all turns out fine for you x

What a terrible thing to go through, i can only imagine how confused you must feel right now. Did you say you were 6 weeks when you had your scan? it's unlikely they would have picked up a heart beat at that time as it's still too early.

If i were you i would seek a second opinion and definately have another scan in 1-2 weeks just to make sure.

I'm having some spotting and mild cramps, my doctor said its likely im having a m/c but after reading loads of threads on here about spotting it seems very common in early p/g. i am going to wait a few weeks and then have a scan. fingers x'd.

Good luck to you and hope you have a happy outcome

:hug:

DO NOT get a D&C, let your own intuition take over, if you feel like something is there, listen to it. If you're going to MC, let nature take it's course.

Do you think maybe you might be earlier than 6 weeks? I had a scan at 4w6d and only a sac with a tiny yolk was found. Do you ovulate regularly? When I had my first scan, they thought I was closer to 6 and the doctor said to not worry and just wait for my next scan. I didn't get an appointment til they thought I was 10, but really, I was 8 weeks! At 8 weeks I saw my baby and heartbeat!

Go with your instincts and switch doctors!

My intuition tells me theres a baby in there and don't give up. And usually, I mean you know when you have that bad feeling and you can't sleep or continue on your day? I don't have that. I believ the baby is in me and he/she is perfect. I don't know if I'm just in denial but idk. On Monday the Doctor told me that he saw the sac and its forming or thickening. And on Wednesday, he just really wanted to do the suction of the fetus or something. He said my hcg isn't normal and the there isn't any fetus. But I told him I want to wait and he said, "for what? the baby is not there. You're not going to have a normal pregnancy." That angered me but at the same time I know he's the doctor. But everybody makes mistakes. I don't kow. Just really scary.

My intuition tells me theres a baby in there and don't give up. And usually, I mean you know when you have that bad feeling and you can't sleep or continue on your day? I don't have that. I believ the baby is in me and he/she is perfect. I don't know if I'm just in denial but idk. On Monday the Doctor told me that he saw the sac and its forming or thickening. And on Wednesday, he just really wanted to do the suction of the fetus or something. He said my hcg isn't normal and the there isn't any fetus. But I told him I want to wait and he said, "for what? the baby is not there. You're not going to have a normal pregnancy." That angered me but at the same time I know he's the doctor. But everybody makes mistakes. I don't kow. Just really scary.

Go with your gut and get a new doctor. I know he's a doctor and he's suppose to be stern and in charge, but he needs to also be able to sympathize with a delicate situation. Please switch doctors and wait, listen to your womanly intuition. Maybe the dates are wrong and you're not that far along. Request a scan in a week or two and meanwhile, just rest.

I agree with claudia, listen to your gut instinct, you know your body better than your doctor.

You have done the right thing by refusing the D&C. I would change your doctor and wait a week or two and have a further scan and go on from there.

xxxxxxxxx

Unless he has a reason why a d&c is necessary now I'd say wait and be sure before you decide anything. Doctors are just as human as the rest of us so don't just assume they are correct. I know someone who was 5'5 and weighed 110 lbs (slightly underweight). She was told repeatedly by her doctor that she should gain any weight during her pregnancy and when she gained 10 lbs he told her she needed to wire her mouth shut! Her baby ended up being over 10 lbs and she was dangerously thin afterwards (fortunately everything turned out fine). So, don't believe what one doctor says when common sense and/or your gut says differently! Good luck, I'll be thinking about you and your bean!!!

My first beta at 5 weeks was 82 second was 284 third was 2471 (at 6 weeks along). Low beta in the beginning doesn't mean a thing...all that matters is if you're rising/doubling. I also had a scan at 5 + 3 and there was nothing in there - no embryo, no yolk sac, no fetal pole...it was empty. I went back and had a scan at 6 + 6 and there was a baby AND a heartbeat, even heard the heartbeat and beta was 79,000. Do NOT get a d & c if you think your baby could still be in there. A little brown spotting does NOT neccesarily mean miscarriage. And if you ARE miscarrying, you don't need a d & C - its coming out naturally. Stay away from that doctor...give it 2 weeks and see if you can get another scan. Baby may be just fine. Good luck!

Really thank you guys. He just called me again and asked me if I am sure if I wanted to wait. I understand what he means but I know this pregnancy isn't done yet. I mean if it is, then its what it is. Life goes on. BUT its my baby so I'll wait.

I got a scan at 6.5 weeks and all they could see was the gestational sac, which freaked me out of course. I found after after though that they had heard a heart beat so there is something there, it's just hiding. Sometimes things are just too small to see at this stage. Do you know if they checked for a heart beat? It usually starts beating at 6 weeks. I'm really surprised your doctor if given you advice for a d&c this early. G0 with your gut. Good luck :hugs:

I got a scan at 6.5 weeks and all they could see was the gestational sac, which freaked me out of course. I found after after though that they had heard a heart beat so there is something there, it's just hiding. Sometimes things are just too small to see at this stage. Do you know if they checked for a heart beat? It usually starts beating at 6 weeks. I'm really surprised your doctor if given you advice for a d&c this early. G0 with your gut. Good luck :hugs:

They haven't checked the heartbeat at all. They told me on Monday that the yolk sac is thickening. But they are just going for the hcg levels and what they see in the ultrasound within two days. He was ready to take the baby out and I was like no I'll wait. It was scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->