• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No gas supplier?

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
I moved into this house in the middle of March. I've been expecting a gas bill soon (assuming they were quarterly like my other houses). Because I still haven't heard anything, I phoned the helpline to find out who my supplier is.

They said that I don't have a supplier so I have to pick one and phone them:wacko:

But I have gas! Just no one to pay for it. How does that work? :wacko::haha:

You have to set up with supplier for all utilities, its possible they will be putting charge on who used to live at house

The woman on the phone said all the accounts have been ended, I made sure the last people weren't getting charged. They only live down the road so I'm sure they would've said anyway.

I've set up an account now. I was told that the energy suppliers would be notified by the estate agents. We received letters from electricity and water companies, but it just occurred to me that no gas people had written to us! lol

Thats so weird lol usually they are strait on your backs. They will be able to work out anyway as estate agent does meter check when you move out

That's so random!!!! Whenever I've moved into properties I've taken meter readings the day I've moved in and when letters come through from the suppliers I called them up and gave them the date I moved in and my readings. I know this is gonna sound so stupid but could you be getting gas from the same people that you do electric?? What do those letters say.

I am in US and it has always been that electric company does gas too-Is that never done in your area?

we have gas and electric from the same supplier and have 1 bill,could this be the case?

I had this in my last house, no gas supplier but lots of gas!!

I kept ringing and ringing, trying to set up with companies "no we don't supply you"

Cue 8 months later EON send a wacking great £400 bill to my new house! I rang them up and argued a 50% discount as I had kept a record of phoning them to set up the account to be repeatedly told they weren't the supplier (neighbours were with Eon so I hassled them more than the others).

Paid just under £200 in the end for all the gas I used from Feb - Sept.

We also get gas and electricity from same supplyer so i would double check with your electricity supplier

If you have no contract who ever the previous owner was with will be chargeing you out of contract rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->