No HB on Doppler

I REALLY don't think you need to worry. Seriously. They are hard to get the hang of sometimes AND 11 weeks is still early and the baby is tiny.

I have found mine on and off since 10 weeks but there have been times I haven't and I *know* not to panic because there are soooo many factors.

My midwife couldn't find it at 11.5 weeks but later that evening I did. I have used one in another pregnancy so I have experience and have learned lots of tricks.

Full bladder, lying flat, lots of gel, starting right above hair line, pushing in and angling the wand slowly around.

Go to the party! Enjoy! Your baby is fine. Seeing a healthy babe at 10+ weeks means over 98% chance of delivering a healthy baby.

Really really hope you aren't too worked up.

With my first baby, I couldn't get any heart beat on the Doppler until I was 14 weeks along. Then, he would hide so well throughout the entire pregnancy that neither I, nor my doctor, could find him sometimes. In labor, I had to get a probe put in the top of his head because he would still hide from the Doppler at 38+3!!!

My second baby was always very easy to find. So was my third. I could always find them straight away, and so could my practitioners. This time around, my baby is a hider again. I found his heart tones at 7 weeks along and then not again until several weeks later - about 13 weeks along!

I freaked out every time I couldn't find my babies. I do rely on them occasionally for some reassurance, but not being able to find the heart tones is scary every single time. Please try not to worry too much because your baby is just hiding, but DO out that thing away for a while after you do find that baby! Having a Doppler is wonderful in second and third trimesters when your baby is going through a growth spurt or changes to a posterior position and you can't feel them move for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->