No ideas for 14.5m old!

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Gracie got so much for her birthday that all our Christmas ideas are gone!

She already had the following "big" items as hand-me-downs or from last Christmas:
Ball pit
Vtech walker
Cushioned car sit-me-up thing

For her birthday she got:
Fisher price bounce n spin zebra
Fisher price pram walker with doll
Bright starts hide n spin monkey
Scuttlebug
Fisher price beatbo dance mat
Fisher price car window lion thing
Mega blocks
Pull along phone
Ewan the dream sheep

As you can see she's totally spoiled by family. Now we are really stuck for Christmas (we have a big family hence why so many gifts, plus she is the only kid in either family!)

We were thinking on swimming lessons but the local pool only does them midweek and we are both at work. There are no big attractions nearby either or we would buy her passes.

We don't really put jewellery on her -she got a nice necklace for her birthday and she has got a few bangles from when she was born which don't fit her yet.

I already have clothes for her which we have picked up when we got a deal, and we have one toy which cost about £2 (a ball dropper thing)

We will be getting her books as well, already got a few.

Oh and we bought a photo shoot a while back too.

Wr don't gave a big garden for outdoor toys.

We will be putting money in her bank but we are looking for a "main" present, in the £50 region. Would go more for the right item.

We barely buy her anything outside Christmas and her birthday so it is toys aimed at up to two year olds.

I'm honestly so stumped!

Are you into buying toys she'd grow in to? A kitchen is a nice gift, but she's too young now I think. I bought dd one for her 2nd Christmas when she was a year and 7 months, but she didn't really play with it much until she was over 2. It's been well loved since then and it played with nearly daily.

Musical instruments have always been a hit with dd. I can't think of anything else. I see, with the list of things she has already, why you're having a hard time.

How about the Fisher price princess castle or the klip klip stable?

How about the Fisher price princess castle or the klip klip stable?

I was going to suggest this too! Or a wigwam or pop up tent and tunnel, aqua doodle or some nice Melissa and Doug puzzles. These were all favourites at hat age and are still used now when she's 3.5 years.

I've just brought my 18 month old a vtech (I think) sit and stand micro phone thingy, that was pretty cheap in the sale and that will be his main Christmas present. I'm not buying him much else but it will be along the lines of the following:

Bubbles
A bubble blowing ice cream van (another lovely lady posted a photo of hers and it looks really good)
A new outfit
New pj's
Twirly Woo toy of sorts
A set of books
Some pull back and go cars

He won't get any major presents as his two brothers have pretty much every other toy going!

These all sound like great presents! I was thinking a play kitchen but I didn't know if that was more a sibling present? I also thought about redoing part of her room as a "surprise" with beanbags and bookshelves and making a reading corner.

I did want something for her to grow into because she has so much just now.

We also buy loads of her things from a nearly new baby market which visits, so we got her fisher price zebra for £5 and her mega blocks for £2. We have a few family friends who are mega generous with lending or giving us hand-me-downs too, so her ball pit was free.

I just feel she has got so much that she doesnt need anything. But at the same time I don't want to not get her anything. She does genuinely play with all her toys, we pass them on to my friend or sell them when she grows out them anyway.

I think we are going to go with the cozy coupe, then do the reading corner for her.

Luckily her bedroom is huge (its really two rooms knocked into one) but that means that everyone buys her large presents because we "have the space" but it looks like toys r us in her room already!

Last year she got a rocking horse for ages 3+ when she was 10 weeks old, lol!

Musical instruments is another good idea. She loves dancing and playing with her xylophone and mini piano so she would probably love something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->