No motivation at work

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I work on long projects and today I'm finding it really hard to get motivated at all.

I was hoping to get one large project completed before due date but now our partner has pulled out meaning I have to start again from scratch. I have zero motivation for this, knowing full-well that I wont be able to see this completed. Plus as I'm only 6 weeks I cannot tell anyone yet. I'm even looking at job websites because I'm so demotivated (which obviously I'm in no position to do anything about realistically)

I did wonder about telling my boss at this early stage so that she might understand how I'm feeling but, although she has (older) kids she is very work-focused and I suspect she may just tell me to just "get on with it" so to speak...

I have an appraisal type thing on Wednesday and wondering whether I should mention anything or not?

What do you all think?

Cheers

I think it's better not to mention it. It might put the spotlight on you and make them scrutinise your work. You might be able to coast along for a bit until you feel better.

I felt exactly the same at 6 weeks. I'm coming out of it now since about 11 weeks but as a self-employed person I felt my work really suffered!

The not motivated feeling is likely to improve so I wouldn't be too hasty in bringing it up. Good luck with your appraisal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->