No Motivation

Lillerina

Reaction score
Anyone else having difficulty with motivation? I've been sick a lot with severe nausea, food aversions and exhaustion. Now I'm on medication for the nausea, which brings it down to a mild to moderate nausea so long as I eat every 2 hours. I'm also no longer exhausted. The problem is, now that I'm somewhat better, I have no motivation to do anything. I'm watching tv all day, and making it to my grad school classes when I can, but not managing to concentrate on studying for more than 15 minutes at a time. I have a history of depression, but have been really well for the past few years. Other than a bit of loneliness from being home alone all day honestly don't feel depressed.

I feel like I should be doing more with my life, but a big part of me says that this is just a phase that will pass....that it's important to be where I'm at now, and trust that the details of school and life will sort themselves out soon enough.

Anyone been in this boat and now out of it? Or in the same boat right now and could shed some perspective on the situation?

Thanks so much, ladies.

I know EXACTLY how you feel and unfortunately I am still there at the moment. The fatigue and lack of concentration have made me totally useless for the past two months, both at home and at work.

Thankfully I have heard that energy and mood pick up for a lot of women during the second trimester. Fingers crossed that that's true for both of us, because I don't think I can handle 6 more months of this.

The first trimester is the freaking worst! I remember with my DD i fell asleep in a fastfood drivethru this pregnancy i fell asleep peeing! I don't want to do anything and just puke eat and sleep and of course the bd with the man:) lol but yeah i feel ya! Second trimester can't get here soon enough! Its just hormones and the first trimester that bodys a workin!

Bananaz, I'd have to drop out of school if there were 6 more months of this!!! Or at least put off my studies until next Autumn.

MiniMe, omg, I needed that laugh! Falling asleep while peeing, now that's something else. :laugh2: Pregnancy is all sorts of amazing.

Thankfully DH is super understanding and picking up my slack where he can, and not minding about the mess where he can't. He says I'm very active on a cellular level, so it's all good. :haha:

Bananaz, I'd have to drop out of school if there were 6 more months of this!!! Or at least put off my studies until next Autumn.

I've actually pushed back a big test by two months because I've been too much of a wreck to study. I can't afford to change it again so I am really counting on second trimester to be better!

MiniMe, omg, I needed that laugh! Falling asleep while peeing, now that's something else. :laugh2: Pregnancy is all sorts of amazing.

Thankfully DH is super understanding and picking up my slack where he can, and not minding about the mess where he can't. He says I'm very active on a cellular level, so it's all good. :haha:

It's happened twice! If you only knew! Now that im puking my brains out I wonder if it will happen while im puking! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have my comprehensive exams (a whole day of testing on my last 2 years of education) coming up in June...when I'm 38 weeks! I better have more motivation in my 2nd and 3rd trimester or it really will push my schooling back by 6 months. I suppose it's a compromise I'm willing to make for baby, but I'd prefer to graduate sooner and start earning an income.

I sure do hope that you're able to get your studying in! :flower:

Yikes, an all-day test at 38 weeks?? And I've been worrying because now my 4-hour test is going to be at 32 weeks lol. You're a brave woman!

I was not motivated. Then, I got motivated. Now, I am not motivated again.

I am hoping it will pass. I have tests to actually grade by tomorrow. My poor students.

Yikes, an all-day test at 38 weeks?? And I've been worrying because now my 4-hour test is going to be at 32 weeks lol. You're a brave woman!

Well, I think it's one day with 5 hours of testing, and then another day with about an hour of practical testing...so not that much worse than yours. I think it's more a special brand of insanity than bravery. :dohh:

I'm in second tri and STILL in this phase. I did find out I had low iron though, so.. maybe this could be the case for you? But even with a good level of iron, pregnancy just comes with fatigue unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->