No name?

J22

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just wondering if any of you in 3rd tri still don't have a name for baby like us??!
We're team yellow and did our own lists which were shared about 7 weeks ago. Surprisingly we coincided on about 3 or 4 girls names and at the time thought we don't need to worry anymore on that, we'll just choose one.....but we've ignored it since! It's like neither of us wants to commit to a name, but I don't know what we're waiting for!

As for boys, I rejected all of OHs 2 (!) suggestions and he pretty much rejected all of mine (there are still 2 "possibles" lingering on my list). I now refuse to look at another list of Spanish boys names because I'd being choosing for choosings sake....so now I reckon I need to start trawling English boys names!

I thought picking a name would be fun but it's proving to be hard work. LOs been known as "garbancito" (little chickpea) throughout this whole pregnancy and it's like that's its proper name now :haha:

Hope you all have a good day today and a nice weekend :flower:

xxxx

Don't worry, we're team yellow too and haven't decided yet! We have about 5 names each for boys and girls that we like and figure we'll just wait until we meet the baby to decide on the name. I don't know why but I feel like once we actually see the baby we will just know what the name should be.

There have been a few threads on this recently - it seems Team Yellow is especially slow to choose a name which isn't too surprising really :)

We're still working on our 'shortlist' too, we hope to have 3 names for each gender and when baby is born we'll choose one. I agree that it's not as much fun as I thought it would be - nothing seems right and I always thought a name would just jump out at me!

I'm sure we'll get there.......

My last pregnancy, we had discussed it, had a sort of short list, but hasn't agreed. Joshua was 8 hours old until he was named, and that wasn't on either of our lists!! My brother and sil waited 2 days to name their son!! We've got a few names picked out, but I don't think you know until you see them x

Im team blue, due tomorrow, and we've not decided on a name lol

We have a shortlist, which changes every now and again, but im hoping when i meet my peanut, ill just know. Ive been calling him Juan since i found out im having a boy hehe I just havent fallen in love with any boy names :wacko: OH picks more traditional names, and my names seem to 'out there' for him :dohh:

Goodluck with the names :flower:

x

Not team yellow as I let my OH decide if we found out or not.

... So batting for blue.

Also letting OH decide on the name - although I do have a veto.

OH *thought* he liked a name - but he's 'Umming" and 'Ahhhing' and faffing left, right and centre so I think it might be 'down to the wire' and OH will just decide on the day. Euan is the current favorite, although Fraser, Lachlan or Lewis have been mentioned (Guess the nationality of the boyf!).

The only thing I'm insisting about is the one of the middle names is William. That was my Dad's (bless him) who shuffled off this mortal coil just over 9 years ago :(

I, personally, don't have a preference... just as long as my wee one won't get stick for it in the playground.

Thank you for posting this! It is driving me crazy that we don't have a name for our little girl. (Never mind that I'm just starting my third tri.) There are so few names out there that I like and I like a very specific type (longer name that can be shortened to a nickname). DH tends to like shorter names that have no nickname. I have my list down to 3 that are fine, but that's it. Fine. Shouldn't I love it? And on that list, DH isn't crazy about any of them. But when he comes up with a name suggestion, I usually hate it. DH keeps telling me that it doesn't really matter if he likes it or not because we will go with what I like (we did the opposite with DS, who was named after my FIL), but I don't think that's fair either. Why can't we both like a name? (Sorry for taking your thread and ranting.)

we are Team Pink and still havent named her yet :) Weve come up with a few names, but my husband is being really picky. Its so annoying!

Thank you for posting this! It is driving me crazy that we don't have a name for our little girl. (Never mind that I'm just starting my third tri.) There are so few names out there that I like and I like a very specific type (longer name that can be shortened to a nickname). DH tends to like shorter names that have no nickname. I have my list down to 3 that are fine, but that's it. Fine. Shouldn't I love it? And on that list, DH isn't crazy about any of them. But when he comes up with a name suggestion, I usually hate it. DH keeps telling me that it doesn't really matter if he likes it or not because we will go with what I like (we did the opposite with DS, who was named after my FIL), but I don't think that's fair either. Why can't we both like a name? (Sorry for taking your thread and ranting.)

Hopefully we'll all decide on a name so that both ourselves and our Ohs like it! Perhaps it's a good idea to have a few favourite names on a list and decide once you see babys little face, as some of the other ladies have mentioned. I suppose we have to be careful not to reject too many of our OHs suggestions at once, otherwise they may abandon name-searching all together!! GL xx

we don't have a name for our boy either :(
we thought it would be easier when we found out the sex, turns out its harder as we had our girls names but no boys names at all.. and we are team blue!
ahhhhhh x

We finally settled on our names the other week, can't wait to see if we are pink or blue now! I'm secretly hoping boy lol

We have a girls name which we love and a boys name which we like.

But the fact we don't love the boys name as much is making me question it.

Hopefully we'll all decide on a name so that both ourselves and our Ohs like it! Perhaps it's a good idea to have a few favourite names on a list and decide once you see babys little face, as some of the other ladies have mentioned. I suppose we have to be careful not to reject too many of our OHs suggestions at once, otherwise they may abandon name-searching all together!! GL xx

We sort of did that with DS. We had a list of 3 names that we left to go to the hospital with. I think we kind of knew we would name him after FIL though, even though we never actually said it. On the way to the hospital (I was being induced) I asked DH what the name was going to be since I was letting him decide if he wanted to name DS after FIL.

I try not to shoot down DH. He's come up with a couple of names that I like but have reasons for not wanting to use it (too many kids at daycare already with that name, etc.). Fortunately he still keeps trying. I just feel like we will never have a name for this little girl!:nope:

No name here yet either and due very soon!!!! DH JUST sent me a list of some possible first/middle/last combos using names we've tossed around... so hoping he's getting more serious about deciding! I would have picked ages ago if it were up to just me!

We didn't have a name chosen until a couple days before baby #2 was born. This time, we luckily agreed weeks ago.

I think once the baby is here he/she may just look like one of the names.

I wouldn't stress too much about it now just wait a while and things will just happen naturally.

With my first son I had a few names chosen and when he came out I just knew his name was Cian. And that was that... He was named!

I hope it's that simple for you! Good luck x x

oh well, I can see we're not on our own with no names picked!! xx

We haven't 100% picked a name yet. If it was a girl, I would have had the name picked out the minute we found out the gender! But boys names are hard... we have a few we like, one I like quite a lot but we are going to wait until we meet him until we decide on a definite name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->