no notification of mat leave start by 28 day limit, is this a problem?

Jan34

Expecting #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Handed in my Matb1 and notification of intended mat leave start date to work almost 2 months ago and have not yet received the letter from the confirming my mat leave. Is this likely to cause my any problem?

Thanks,

I am the same, I handed mine in on 25th October - However I am using up annual holiday first - so maybe thats why??

Have you got holiday first? Whens your leaving date?

yep, using 2 weeks hol and then start Mat leave 1 week before due date. But they are obliged to send you a letter within 28 days of you notifying them, I'd love to know what the result of them not doing is. They know they've missed the deadline... mentioned it to me nearly 2 weeks ago but still nothing!

Oh, thats interesting. I should of had mine by now then. I thought it was 28 days of your leaving date. My offical mat leave doesnt start till the 1st feb 2010 - So just thought i would receive this just after new years. I am leaving work however next friday with annual leave?

i got confirmation that they received it but nothing else ie - calculation breakdown of payments, until yesterday - the day my maternity leave started. HR are probably just dead busy sorting out everyones wages for xmas lol x

I just got an email confirming they had recieved my matb1 nothing else, I spoke to my manager and she said its gone through fine and I wil get my 1st payment on friday as planned but i've had no letter? So maybe yours has gone through too and they're just back logged xx

I queried this with ACAS. Was advised that I could put in writing a grievance that my employer had failed to acknowledge my statutory right to claim maternity leave within the legal guidelines and this could be seen as sex discrimination xx

ive hnded mine in and i got told that i will get a letter when my maternity starts (the 18th of this month) x

i didnt get any confirmation at all and that was nearly 13 weeks ago, I asked my employer and she just said that my dates were fine!!!

I've not heard anything either, I start my mat leave on the 4th Jan but have 2 weeks hol first. I bet I won't hear anything at all.

Well Im on maternity leave right now and my employers never gave me my letter?!! Hoping my first payment ...somewhere just before xmas will go in ok. also didnt get breakdown of payments or ANYTHING :( Kind of annoying coz id rather know! But they messed mine up anyway saying i didnt qualify for smp then applied for ma then had to cancel it as work payroll office decided i did qualify on overtime etc!

Have extra money in the bank just in case but employer says money will just go into my bank every month type thing and that was it!

Wish they'd inform us better and keep on track of everything themselves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->