No pooping question!

Memphis

Reaction score
So our DS who is going on 5 months often goes up to 10 days between poops He is EBF .and is now on day 13, maybe even day 15/16, as I didn't write down the last time he pooped. His tummy is still soft, he seems happy (though a little more squirmy today) and is still wetting diapers. There seems to be different info on how long between bowel movements is normal.... He does seem to be eating less too but that may be because he is now on more of a sleep schedule and is now just eating when he wakes up (every 4 hours). He eats on one side for about 5-10 min depending. He will just turn away and I can't get him to eat more :wacko: any advice??

Dr sears says he has seen up to a month. The longest any of mine have gone is 21 days, my eldest did that twice. His weight gain was the best ever at that age so wasn't caused by insufficient intake at all. Xx

My doctor was concerned after 6 days, even though most things I've read say 7 to 10 days. He gave us a mild laxative and my son went for like 2 days, so we stopped the meds. Now he hasn't pooped since Thursday.

I would see a doctor just in case, but keep note of your baby's normal schedule.

I worried when my LO didn't go for 6 days. I was told my her doc that's very normal for bf babies not too poo for days at a time as their bodies are so efficient at processing the breast milk there is very little waste to come out the other end. She says she often has concerned parents who's babies haven't had a dirty nappy for 2-14 days. If it goes over 14 days best to get them checked out just to be sure x

I would just like to start with the disclaimer that if you're worried ask the doctor if it's ok, however - have you done any baby massage? We've been shown strokes to relieve constipation which the instructor swears works.

Thanks for the replies ladies:flower of course he finally went today, day 14 or maybe 16(?). I do try tummy massage and bicycle legs, warm bath, q tip with Vaseline, all the tricks! Saw the Dr today (before he had pooped), and she said to start giving him the "p" foods and see if that helps him go more regularly but that she really is more concerned with consistency of poop not frequency.... So I am going to introduce him to his first solid tomorrow, maybe start with pears?? She said either prunes, pears, peaches or peas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->