No progress?

lauren26

Reaction score
I am 38w5d and had an appt this morning. Last week at 37w6d I was 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced, and the dr. said baby was "Waaaay down" in my pelvis, but this week a different dr. at the practice said I'd made no progress and that baby was down but not too far. The first dr. predicted that she'd be born this week, but now I feel discouraged. I know I'm not the full 40 yet and this is my first, but I got soooo excited to meet my little girl! I have had lower abdomen and back cramping similar to AF but only sporadically throughout the day and it doesn't feel like the contractions I've heard described. Will my progress just be very very slow, or can it really happen quickly?? I have said this entire pregnancy that I'd feel best going the full 40, but I am nervous to go over and now with no progress at 9 days left until she's due I'm a bit antsy!

Anyone else had this experience? Did you stay the same for weeks and then just suddenly go into labor?

Hmm well I can't say when it will happen, really no one can. Some women can make progress and still be pregnant for 3 more weeks, then some others make no progress and go into labor overnight. I know this doesn't really help or answer your question ( sorry ) but labor is so unpredictable. If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, it seems like the statistics point to most first timers going until or after due date. ( of course there are always exceptions and women do have their first babies early) my doc kept saying my first baby was going to come early... Was alays measuring a few weeks ahead, was head down and nice and low for awhile, well she came out by induction 9 days after due date. So I would mentally prepare for the long haul and if your baby makes an early entrance then be grateful. ( again sorry Hun this isn't really helpful to you, but no one will really know if your progress will be slow or if you will just go into spontaneous labor one day!)

Thanks! She's no longer measuring ahead and is at 38w even though I'm 39w, but I'll take it--especially if I'm going to be overdue, lol. The dr. didn't see a problem with the measurement so I suppose I should be glad she's not getting huge at this point! Ahhhhhhh well, I suppose I've been thinking she'd be late this whole time and shouldn't have gotten excited otherwise. Shucks! :)

I'd take your progress over mine! Lol I'm overdue and not effaced or dilated and baby is still high. I don't think my little man wants to come out anytime soon lol

Awww you've made him such a nice home he wants to stay, lol :) My doula said not to pay too much attention to numbers as things can happen unexpectedly, but it's hard for me not to cling to the raw data! At least we know our little turkeys will be fully cooked :haha:

Yeah I was told i can go into labor at any moment and it can all happen so quickly but seeing zero for so long is frustrating. He will definitely be well baked in there! Lol as long as he's healthy and happy he can stay in there for a bit longer if he'd like but he will have to check out eventually :)

I know, the feeling that the you might be pregnant forever is so strange!! But they'll come one way or another. I am SURE seeing zero for so long is crazy frustrating. You might just be one of those sudden, spontaneous labors! I'll be curious to hear.

PS have you dropped even a little? The doc said she thought I hadn't really today but last week said I had. I am starting to be able to see my waist again and my ribcage so I take that as a sign that she's moving down.

I thought I had dropped but OB said his head is not engaged at all and hasn't dropped. Oh well I'm just hoping I'm going to wake up and BAM be in labor and have him. But I go in Thursday and my OB will be making a decision about if I Should be induced or if it looks to risky a csection but I definitely wanted a natural labor but its quickly looking like baby doesn't want that to happen, stubborn little booger ;)

Right I suppose you're getting close to being half a month overdue! I will cross my fingers for you that you don't need induction or a c section. It's nice they haven't induced you yet. Mine will let me go two weeks late I believe. No one I know of had to be induced for their first even when they were late, so Fx that yours will just change his mind! :) I bet it's starting to heat up where you are, too! At this stage (with my fat feet) I can see why women prefer not to be pregnant during summer. We had difficulty getting pregnant so I'll take it any season, lol, but I'm sure I'd be a swollen mess if it were warm here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->