No proper period 16 weeks after d&c

jessief

Reaction score
Girls,

I've beenpretty positive that this was our month but at this stage think there could actually be something worng. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice on what to do next.

I had a d&c for blighted ovum at the end of March. Got a brown discharge about 7 weeks later and for the last two months I've been getting the same. It's not blood or old blood just a very pale brown cm. I've been having accupuncture the last two months to try and make the lining of the womb thicker but obviously it hasn't helped. I've done another FR test today and BFN, should have got period 4 days ago.

I'm going to make an appointment with the doctor this week. What tests should I be getting day 3, 21, ultrasound??? Also should I be given something to bring on a proper period? I was thinking of starting Agnus Castus today also, maybe that might bring on my AF in the next few days??

We really really want to get pregnant as soon as possible but I'm assumsing that we won't until I get a proper period. I am getting 2 smiley faces around days 21 with EWCM so am assuming that I am ovulating, and to make things worse, everyone seems to be getting pregnant at the drop of a hat..... Just had to write all this down girls, would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.

xxx

i dont wanna read and run hun, but i hope the doctor can tell you whats happening.
I had a dnc too in june, but my period came a few days ago so 5 weeks after the dnc. but it quite heavy on the second day; heavier than usual but no clots, I needed 3 pads on the second day. and it lasted 4 days.
good luck hun.

hi honey i didnt have anything that even looked like af for 16 weeks so i started taking agnus castus and my af turned up 3 weeks later so i swear by the stuff. i have now had 1 normal af and just waiting for 2nd to turn up and hope my body is back to normal. if you do take it then remember that you only take it from 1st day of af upto ovulation. so start taking it now and hopefully af will turn up then carry on taking it til you ovulate hope this makes sense x sylvia x

Thank you girls.

Mintypeas, that has made me feel better. I did take it for a few days about 2 months ago but wasn't enough. Did you go t doc etc during the 16 weeks? I've read about asherman's and am scared senseless as now afraid that the d&c did some damage.

i felt exactly like you hun went to doctors and had to put my foot down and got referred to gyno and had a scan which showed everything was fine. i think doctor helped me because im 41 cause normally they wont do anything for 6 months! but if you see a nice doctor they will help if you explain how you are feel. but i really think agnus castus brought on my af so i would go with trying it again i took 400mg a day. and now i feel so more relaxed about ttc as i really thought there was something wrong with me and im totally healthy and im sure you are too!! i would go to doctors and get thrm to sort out scan as that will let you know exactly what is going on with your body. sorry if i have rambled but wanted to show you that it will all be ok and your not on your own honey x sylvia x

Thanks mintypeas, I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow so hoping I wont be waiting too long. I probably should have gone before now but thought the accupuncture would give a heavier flow this month.

I'll keep you posted, was it just a regular ultrasound that you had?

sorry mintypeas, meant to say, I'm using the AC tincture, are the tabs better?

hiya hun, yes i would deffo go to docs. i got my first af 9 weeks after my d&c, and now 16 weeks later theres still no sign of 2nd one! so ive had blood tests done and scan :) hopefully they can sort it out now its horrible aint it :( hope u get some answers xx

it was a normal intervaginal scan and it was the best thing that happened for me as it showed me everything is fine. the tabs are alot better hney x sylvia x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->