No rhogam shot after birth?

A

AndreZZ

I realized this morning somehow that I dont remember getting my rhogam shot in the hospital after I gave birth to my daughter back in June (6 months ago). She is A+ and so obviously I needed the shot. I don't know if my memory is failing me or I really didn't get it. She's my 4th and I'm so upset with myself for not having been on top of this after she was born (unless I got it and I truly just can't remember).
I'm really really freaking out!! What will happen with my next pregnancy if the shot wasn't given?!?! Please anyone advice please!

I'm requesting the documentation of my delivery chart from the hospital to see if there's anything on it stating I did get the shot but that will take a month or so.

Anyone ever go through this ( not getting the shot after birth even though your needed it)?I'm so scared of what it could mean for my future pregnancies!

I had mine but honestly I was really spaced out after birth and after I really did question whether I got it or not, so most likely you just didn't notice or forgot. You could request blood work from your dr to check for antibodies and if you haven't developed any then you most likely got i and are totally fine! That way you could know in a few days rather than waiting a month for your chart.

I had mine but honestly I was really spaced out after birth and after I really did question whether I got it or not, so most likely you just didn't notice or forgot. You could request blood work from your dr to check for antibodies and if you haven't developed any then you most likely got i and are totally fine! That way you could know in a few days rather than waiting a month for your chart.

Thank you that's a great idea, I requested my chart but will definitely request bloodwork didn't even think of that. I hope you're right and that I was just spaced out and cant remember receiving the shot for whatever reason!

Just wanted to update, I got the medical records in the mail and I did indeed receive the rhogam shot after giving birth. I have never been so happy to have my memory fail me lol.

I'm so glad! Everything is such a blur after birth. I figured you probably just forgot!

Glad you found out and that's great that you did receive it :)

I was going to say you more than likely did, you just don't remember getting it. I don't remember getting mine either but know I did because I have access to my results working in Pathology.

I don't remember getting the needle to speed up the placenta coming out either, but I did. Everything is such a blur once they hand your baby to you.

I was going to say you more than likely did, you just don't remember getting it. I don't remember getting mine either but know I did because I have access to my results working in Pathology.

I don't remember getting the needle to speed up the placenta coming out either, but I did. Everything is such a blur once they hand your baby to you.

Ya I always seem to forget how foggy after birth really is!

Can't concentrate on anything but those little babes once you meet them for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->